Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Flow Ultra

Quote Originally Posted by GPRS Internet View Post
    I asked Digicel when Digicel Play will be coming to Mobay.. they said no time soon..

Besides I'm more or less OK with Flow.
    That's appaling... Are they really throwing down the gauntlet? They're just gonna leave FLOW to their usual market dominance in broadband? Digicel Home would do wonders for the level of service people get from FLOW in Montego Bay... Oh well, DOCSIS 3.1, VDSL2 and FTTH is heading in Mobay's direction so at least FLOW/Liberty Global isn't sitting idly....

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan77791 View Post
    That is good and all, but Digicel Home. As they are now calling it, is not available in most of Kingston and ST Andrew. And they are not available across the country. So most people won't get the service, to take up this offer.
    Where do you see them referring to Digicel Play as Digicel Home?

Why do you think it is not available in "most of Kingston and St Andrew"? I am pretty sure they got St Andrew covered pretty well as I remember them marketing their Digicel Play heavily around town from New Kingston to HWT to Stony Hill and it's environs. They are also up in the hills of St Andrew.

So not sure how you got not available in "most of Kingston and St Andrew".
    "The best software is the one that fits your needs." - A_A

Virus free since: date unknown
    Anti-virus free since: August 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Arch_Angel View Post
    Where do you see them referring to Digicel Play as Digicel Home?

Why do you think it is not available in "most of Kingston and St Andrew"? I am pretty sure they got St Andrew covered pretty well as I remember them marketing their Digicel Play heavily around town from New Kingston to HWT to Stony Hill and it's environs. They are also up in the hills of St Andrew.

So not sure how you got not available in "most of Kingston and St Andrew".
    The new name is on the Digicel website for Jamaica, and the other countries where Digicel offers the service. The rebranding is ongoing, So it has not been made official. Digicel Home is not available across much of Kingston and ST Andrew, they only have 30,000 subscribers all in Kingston and ST Andrew. Called them many times, even signed up. And they indicated that they dont know when service will be available across the entire City and the country.

Flow Ultra - is it still available?
    Or is it - Evolution coming soon?

Quote Originally Posted by 5dB View Post
    Flow Ultra - is it still available?
    Or is it - Evolution coming soon?
    From what I've seen, Flow Ultra is no longer available to the public. It probably will be replaced with Evolution. Information is tight and contained. I remember that the promotion period for Flow Ultra ran until December 2017. Since then, it has not been advertised.

Well I made the switch from Flow to Digicel Play last month and I must say it really depends on what you're looking for. I got the Play Loud package which is one step above their base bundle. In terms of internet Digicel is way ahead, I get 60/50Mbps consistently and so far no service outages. With Flow we had outages every two weeks and 25/1.5Mbps just wasn't good enough. In terms of cable though, I have to give the nod to Flow. I have Sportsmax 1 and one movie channel with my package, Cinemax and sometimes the movies are in Spanish ! In terms of hardware Flow gives you a dual frequency modem/router while Digicel does not. Digicel boxes are really dual core, 1gb ram, 4gb storage android 4.2 boxes, locked and running an IPTV program. Flow cost was about $9k a month while Digicel is $7k. I have 5 Digcel boxes vs 3 with Flow. I mostly watch Kodi on my FireStick so I'm happy with the switch. Also I have never heard of Digicel "Home", not even on their site and as far as I know they have most of Kingston & St.Andrew covered.
    Last edited by asgard; Jan 24, 2018 at 08:34 PM.

Heard about a new phone internet option that is now available. Internet service starting at a minimum 40 Mbps. Can anyone confirm?
    PHONE: XR