Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Flow Ultra

Ok my ping is back to normal now, but when I did the traceroute I had 2 requests timed out. Dunno what Flow up to but it's really annoying when they are having problems.
    Current Android - OnePlus 7T Pro
    PC Specs - Motherboard: Asus PRIME B560-PLUS | Processor: Intel Core i5-11600K (stock) | Memory: 32 gigs Corsair Vengeance DDR4@3200mhz | Video Card: ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4070 (OC Edition) | Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming 27" 2K Monitor | Steam ID -> Powpow

Seems FLOW's going to be upping those speeds pretty soon, in an article from the Sunday Gleaner, the company has mentioned that in its 10 billion dollar upgrade scheme, it'll be upgrading its CMTS (Cable Modem Termination System) to "the latest high capacity and high availability platform, which will deliver high-speed data services". Looks like they're not ready to rest while Digicel plots its newest town to enter... Could it be DOCSIS 3.1? If it is, Gigabit speeds are on the horizon.
    Last edited by Brandysull; Aug 20, 2017 at 01:42 AM.

Well the latest greatest is DOCSIS 3.1 so I would hope so. Of course this means changing out cable modems again on the consumer side and higher tiers of packages with greater cost. Additional capacity will be benefit to all customers though so its a win win.

The move to underground fibre will also reduce the amount of service outages for their customers though we can expect more dug up roads and delays. FLOW please patch the roads properly when you are finished as it will take NWA a decade to come back and repair them.

As is our current AVS modems can sustain 100mbps, so not sure we would need upgrades..

100mbps at home would be plenty good for me..

The upgrades might be more for their cable services rather than internet, but we'll see.
    Current Android - OnePlus 7T Pro
    PC Specs - Motherboard: Asus PRIME B560-PLUS | Processor: Intel Core i5-11600K (stock) | Memory: 32 gigs Corsair Vengeance DDR4@3200mhz | Video Card: ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4070 (OC Edition) | Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming 27" 2K Monitor | Steam ID -> Powpow

Quote Originally Posted by GPRS Internet View Post
    As is our current AVS modems can sustain 100mbps, so not sure we would need upgrades..

100mbps at home would be plenty good for me..
    It wouldn't be a download speed improvement but given that they're upgrading to the lastest and greatest AND FLOW Jamaica is their largest HFC market, it could also be full duplex DOCSIS 3.1. Meaning we'll be able to see symmetrical upload and download speeds. If not, DOCSIS 3.1 allows for each HFC Node to push about 10 Gbit/s down and 2 Gbit/s up so customers can finally be put up to higher speeds and be made able to get more for their money.

Digicel Play is now offering double speed for new customers and if you keep the service for six months you will continue to get the doubled speed for a lifetime.
    PHONE: XR

Quote Originally Posted by BountyKilla View Post
    Digicel Play is now offering double speed for new customers and if you keep the service for six months you will continue to get the doubled speed for a lifetime.
    That is good and all, but Digicel Home. As they are now calling it, is not available in most of Kingston and ST Andrew. And they are not available across the country. So most people won't get the service, to take up this offer.

I asked Digicel when Digicel Play will be coming to Mobay.. they said no time soon..

Besides I'm more or less OK with Flow.

Quote Originally Posted by GPRS Internet View Post
    I asked Digicel when Digicel Play will be coming to Mobay.. they said no time soon..

Besides I'm more or less OK with Flow.
    they said no time soon..
    Jesus, that's a poor choice from a company like Digicel Jamaica. It's really sad.
    Last edited by Nathan77791; Aug 28, 2017 at 02:19 PM.