Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Digital Timer

i have an inverter fridge paired with one of these timers. havent really checked if its making much of a difference but i suppose it is.

it's probably a bad time to check being that it is summer and appliances such as your fan/fridge/ac usage will fluctuate
    Dude, Aren't the "good things that come to those who wait" just the leftovers from the people who got them first.

Plugging out the fridge is a tried, tested and proven method of cutting energy cost, its something I have seen working from a youth growing up, at this stage its not a theory, I have seen a significant reduction in my light bill when I do vs when I don't plug the fridge out. As it relates to the temperature, remember the fridge will be plugged out for only a few hours and during that time at night the doors will remain closed, thereby maintaining the temperature, and thus less work for the compressor to bring back the set temperature in the morning.
    While I agree the inverter fridge is the way to go and something I will consider investing in, I would not discredit the cost savings from plugging out the fridge, as along its not done for an extended period of time, I normally do it for around 5 or so hours over night.

Got it, was relatively cheap, and seem to be working well after two weeks of use. Had to watch a youtube video to figure out how to program it, the included manual was not much help.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAngel View Post
    Got it, was relatively cheap, and seem to be working well after two weeks of use. Had to watch a youtube video to figure out how to program it, the included manual was not much help.
    whats the going cost?
    i'm very much interested.. and yes plugging out the fridge works (i've seen the difference in my old model non frost free refrigerator)
    _ _ _ _________ _ _ _ _______ _ _ _
    *Intelligent people can take hints
    Preferred Phone OS: Android

Quote Originally Posted by nevintech View Post
    whats the going cost?
    i'm very much interested.. and yes plugging out the fridge works (i've seen the difference in my old model non frost free refrigerator)
    It was about $2,000, saw it at the JPS office.

Best thing to put on the fridge is the local fridge guard. It protects the compressor against surges and low voltage. A properly maintained fridge should trip in and out only when necessary, maybe change the setting to a lower number (not temp) so it doesn't have to get so cold. I also heard that a fairly full fridge keeps cooler longer, even putting containers of water for ice in the freezer. Not sure how scientific these are but makes some sense to me as they should retain cold better than air?
    Team Leader
    TechJamaica.com

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    I also heard that a fairly full fridge keeps cooler longer, even putting containers of water for ice in the freezer. Not sure how scientific these are but makes some sense to me as they should retain cold better than air?
    This is true - a fuller freezer/fridge will hold the temp better than however do not over pack as you still need air to circulate around the items.

Also set you fridge around 35° F (1.7° C)/36° F (2.2° C), this will give you sufficient room from your fridge becoming too warm (Danger zone = 40° F (4.4° C)) but not too cold to freeze stuff in the colder parts of your fridge.

Also you should avoid putting foods that need to be cold all the time in the storage areas on the door, those items will always be warmer due the opening and closing of the fridge.

Do yourself a favor, if your fridge/freezer doesn't have a thermometer get one and stick it in there so you can monitor the temps.
    Last edited by King_Jay16; Oct 29, 2017 at 11:51 AM.

Also change every bulb in your house to LED. There are some places you can get them in 10 patches for like 2.5k