Thread: Intel - Anti-Competitive, Anti-Consumer, Anti-Technology

Default Intel - Anti-Competitive, Anti-Consumer, Anti-Technology

My personal experience with Intel: At one time, I could not find a single AMD laptop from dell even though AMD processors were cheaper and had better price to performance ratio than Intel. Which means that I would be paying less for a Dell AMD laptop that suited my needs.

Intel always was and still is insanely expensive, for little performance increases. They use the monopoly to market their CPU features for an arm and leg but you would not be getting that much performance that you believe that you are getting when you buy an expensive Intel processor.

My three personal desktops are AMD for some years now.
    -Quad core on FM2
    -Dual core on FM2
    -Dual core on AM3
    which I built by myself.
    I just recently built a 4th with an Intel Core Duo, because the price had drop to 9$ and the mobo was also dirt cheap. I guess market was high and demand was low

Unfortunately, AMD did not have anything to compete with Intel for some years, so as an AMD fan I was pissed. I found a good deal on a Intel i7 laptop. Hopefully, AMD Ryzen can be found in laptops in the near future so that next year I can upgrade to a 8 core laptop beast

I really do not have money to upgrade to Ryzen just now, but I would like to get some AMD high-end graphics cards.

Intel really is about price gulging. AMD is about bringing technology to the masses, aka poor people. I am a gamer, the more people that can afford to game then the better it is for me and my peeps.

I hope Ryzen 3 have a good price to performance ratio.

Shine Intel. Ano yarou. You have taken too much money from unsuspecting Jamaicans.
    Let's act on what we agree on now, and argue later on what we don't.
    Black men leave Barbeque alone if Barbeque don't trouble you

PS It is a long video but please watch. This is why you pay more for Intel. They spend billions on business BAD practices rather that building a better CPU.
    Let's act on what we agree on now, and argue later on what we don't.
    Black men leave Barbeque alone if Barbeque don't trouble you

I knew Intel was bad from the K7 days but I never realized they were evil from day one.
    AMD Phenom II X4 960T Zosma @ 4GHz | Thermalright Ultima 90 CPU cooler | GIGBABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P | Sapphire 6950 unlocked | 6Gb Gskill RAM | 1.5TB total HD | Dell U2412M IPS Monitor | Zalman 750W PSU | LENOVO SL500

Corporate BS is something that happens. You knew that AMD was on par from the Socket 7 days - just that they ran hotter. The Slot A and Slot 1 were interesting. Most of my systems have been AMD. I haven't watched the video but I will say this much - certain software runs better on Intel. Not necessarily because the Intel platform is better - same reason things work better with nVidia.
    Knowing the solution doesn't mean knowing the method. Yet answering correctly and regurgitation are considered "learning" and "knowledge".

Quote Originally Posted by khat17 View Post
    Corporate BS is something that happens. You knew that AMD was on par from the Socket 7 days - just that they ran hotter. The Slot A and Slot 1 were interesting. Most of my systems have been AMD. I haven't watched the video but I will say this much - certain software runs better on Intel. Not necessarily because the Intel platform is better - same reason things work better with nVidia.
    Watch it when you have time. It covers everything. It is one of those videos that I hope will cause a stir and wake up some ppl.

It was in my video feed but thanks crosswire for bringing it to Tech Jamaica.
    AMD Phenom II X4 960T Zosma @ 4GHz | Thermalright Ultima 90 CPU cooler | GIGBABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P | Sapphire 6950 unlocked | 6Gb Gskill RAM | 1.5TB total HD | Dell U2412M IPS Monitor | Zalman 750W PSU | LENOVO SL500