Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Digicel Unlimited Freedom Post-Paid Plans

Default New Digicel Unlimited Freedom Post-Paid Plans

These plans don't look bad at all.... definitely gonna log onto one of them...
    Unlimited Anywhere Mins - Unlimited Digi Mins - Unlimited WhatsApp - Rollover Talk & Data

Is Unlimited Finally here ... just need unlimited data now

https://www.digicelgroup.com/jm/en/m...aid-plans.html

Calling Digicel I'm getting some discrepancies with the info on their website vs the info they have in hand.. gonna have to wait awhile to see what's what as they say the website might be currently displaying incorrect info.
    Last edited by GPRS Internet; Jul 22, 2017 at 01:45 PM.
    ---
    Stay Connected,..

FaceBook | Twitter | Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by GPRS Internet View Post
    These plans don't look bad at all.... definitely gonna log onto one of them...
    Unlimited Anywhere Mins - Unlimited Digi Mins - Unlimited WhatsApp - Rollover Talk & Data

Is Unlimited Finally here ... just need unlimited data now

https://www.digicelgroup.com/jm/en/m...aid-plans.html

Calling Digicel I'm getting some discrepancies with the info on their website vs the info they have in hand.. gonna have to wait awhile to see what's what as they say the website might be currently displaying incorrect info.
    They need to come 'good' this time..... I'm hearing they have more in store in terms of plans. I'd love for them to expand Digicel Play to Montego Bay, Ocho Rios and perhaps Mandeville and really start to target FLOW's bread and butter. That seems to be the only way FLOW gets into action.

Side note, FLOW's raised their baseline Talk EZ rate from 3.99 to 4.99 and Pay as you Go is now $50 per MB..... up from $45. They rationalized this as them investing in their network and as such needing to supplementing their income :/

Quote Originally Posted by Brandysull View Post
    They need to come 'good' this time..... I'm hearing they have more in store in terms of plans. I'd love for them to expand Digicel Play to Montego Bay, Ocho Rios and perhaps Mandeville and really start to target FLOW's bread and butter. That seems to be the only way FLOW gets into action.

Side note, FLOW's raised their baseline Talk EZ rate from 3.99 to 4.99 and Pay as you Go is now $50 per MB..... up from $45. They rationalized this as them investing in their network and as such needing to supplementing their income :/

For some Strange Reason, Digicel is tempting me to switch back to them. They are challenging the competition heavily. And it seems that they are slowly winning, I switched to Flow because of the way better coverage and call rates. Where I am, most users are on the Digicel Network. They are increasing their LTE Network, and I have notice better signal from them in my area. I emailed and spoke to the PRs officer at Digicel, about their LTE Network expansion. She indicated to me that as apart of their Digicel 2030 project, 26 Markets in the Caribbean, Central America and Pacific will be upgraded or expanded to LTE. In Jamaica's case, they will expand the Network across the country. While not indicating if they have acquired more spectrum, she did say that the are using ZTE Uni-Ran Technology. Which is more Radio Software base, and which will allow them to achieve 2G/3G convergence. As well as LTE speeds in excess of 120Mbps. ZTE has confirmed the usage of their Uniran technology and roll out is immediate. Digicel is also having a ZTE smartphone discount promotion. So I am tempted to go back to them, But something tells me to stay with Flow. As great thing are on the Horizons for them, What do you guys think?.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan77791 View Post
    For some Strange Reason, Digicel is tempting me to switch back to them. They are challenging the competition heavily. And it seems that they are slowly winning, I switched to Flow because of the way better coverage and call rates. Where I am, most users are on the Digicel Network. They are increasing their LTE Network, and I have notice better signal from them in my area. I emailed and spoke to the PRs officer at Digicel, about their LTE Network expansion. She indicated to me that as apart of their Digicel 2030 project, 26 Markets in the Caribbean, Central America and Pacific will be upgraded or expanded to LTE. In Jamaica's case, they will expand the Network across the country. While not indicating if they have acquired more spectrum, she did say that the are using ZTE Uni-Ran Technology. Which is more Radio Software base, and which will allow them to achieve 2G/3G convergence. As well as LTE speeds in excess of 120Mbps. ZTE has confirmed the usage of their Uniran technology and roll out is immediate. Digicel is also having a ZTE smartphone discount promotion. So I am tempted to go back to them, But something tells me to stay with Flow. As great thing are on the Horizons for them, What do you guys think?.
    At this point, switching back might seem good in the interim but to be honest, it doesn't make sense really... FLOW's pretty through with acceptance testing with their LTE sites in MoBay, Ochi, Lucea, Negril (along with Spanish Town & Portmore IIRC) and are to begin doing Mandeville & May Pen by end of summer and conclude just before the holiday season. Digicel may be doing a multivendor approach wherein 2G/3G remains Ericsson and LTE is with ZTE equipment but even so, given the 120 Mbit/s promise, would still be less capable than FLOW, which currently maxes at 150 Mbit/s for postpaid customers at least... However, if Digicel does infact have LTE in your area and you feel the deals they are offering are better then you should definitely check them out.

Just to note, both operators are going LTE in all their markets. However, some (CWC in particular) are taking it a step further. With them going LTE-Advanced Pro sometime this year in Antigua, who knows what the future holds here in Jamaica?

Quote Originally Posted by Brandysull View Post
    At this point, switching back might seem good in the interim but to be honest, it doesn't make sense really... FLOW's pretty through with acceptance testing with their LTE sites in MoBay, Ochi, Lucea, Negril (along with Spanish Town & Portmore IIRC) and are to begin doing Mandeville & May Pen by end of summer and conclude just before the holiday season. Digicel may be doing a multivendor approach wherein 2G/3G remains Ericsson and LTE is with ZTE equipment but even so, given the 120 Mbit/s promise, would still be less capable than FLOW, which currently maxes at 150 Mbit/s for postpaid customers at least... However, if Digicel does infact have LTE in your area and you feel the deals they are offering are better then you should definitely check them out.

Just to note, both operators are going LTE in all their markets. However, some (CWC in particular) are taking it a step further. With them going LTE-Advanced Pro sometime this year in Antigua, who knows what the future holds here in Jamaica?
    The LTE signal from Digicel is not strong, but it will connect when I am outside. I will remain with Flow and see what they have comming in months ahead. I get better speeds and signal from Flow, So as much as Digicel is tempting. I will not give in, I know Flow will challenge Digicels new unlimited rollover data and minutes plans. I just wish Flow would match Digicel in their LTE and Island wide coverage, Flow takes sometime to react. And I do understand, as being number one is not always a good thing. But I guest Flow will finalize Kingston and St Andrews full LTE coverage by Early Next year?. Whatever the case, the Future for Jamaica in terms of telecommunications and Technology is going to be a great one.

I notice that FLOW increase their mobile rates again in the space of a few weeks. So much for 2.99 advert and 1.99 flow lyf. Something seem afoot why both operators increasing cost, seems weird.

Quote Originally Posted by 876 View Post
    I notice that FLOW increase their mobile rates again in the space of a few weeks. So much for 2.99 advert and 1.99 flow lyf. Something seem afoot why both operators increasing cost, seems weird.
    Flow is investing in their network. Massive upgrades in Mobile, TV and Broadband operations, these moves justifies the increase in rates, so as to balance and offset operating cost and recover on their investments. Digicel too is upgrading their Network, so the increases are somewhat Justified. Even though its not good for the current customer climate and timing.

I had a feeling unlimited talk & text would come. Data is the king now and where the money maker is for carriers. Notice the rollover of data is a sweetener to get you on board to focusing on data (and whatever they throw in with it).

I would say this makes it somewhat unlikely you will see unlimited data (unless it's throttled in some way or what any techie would consider a low cap).

I suspect even the unlimited talk has caps.. Notice they say rollover data and 'talk'..

If the talk were truly unlimited what would be there to rollover?????

Quote Originally Posted by GPRS Internet View Post
    I suspect even the unlimited talk has caps.. Notice they say rollover data and 'talk'..

If the talk were truly unlimited what would be there to rollover?????
    I see what you mean, it could be Digithief being crafty with their wording. Hopefully they meant "unlimited talk with rollover data" in which case they should rephrase that section. As you said if it is unlimited what is there to rollover....