Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Digicel Unlimited Freedom Post-Paid Plans

Quote Originally Posted by King_Jay16 View Post
    I see what you mean, it could be Digithief being crafty with their wording. Hopefully they meant "unlimited talk with rollover data" in which case they should rephrase that section. As you said if it is unlimited what is there to rollover....
    I just can't understand this plan all now. Anyhow they claim it Includes the call tax so idk.

I think I heard an ad saying it's "UNLIMITED ROLLOVER" - so that may explain it better. Not that it's unlimited calling/texting.
    Knowing the solution doesn't mean knowing the method. Yet answering correctly and regurgitation are considered "learning" and "knowledge".

Quote Originally Posted by khat17 View Post
    I think I heard an ad saying it's "UNLIMITED ROLLOVER" - so that may explain it better. Not that it's unlimited calling/texting.
    The screen cap shows where it says unlimited any where & Digicel minutes..
    ---
    Stay Connected,..

FaceBook | Twitter | Instagram

Ok ... Digicel Updated the Plans...
    https://www.digicelgroup.com/jm/en/m...aid-plans.html

I'm gonna jump on Postpaid Core...

Postpaid Core $5000....
    7 GB Data
    Unlimited WhatsApp Messaging
    Unlimited Local Digicel Text
    Unlimited Local Minutes
    Pay your bill in full & on time to get unlimited rollover data & talk
    Well done Digicel... now work on unlimited data and we good...

If you choose Postpaid Start ($3000) you can add unlimited local minutes for $1000.
    ---
    Stay Connected,..

FaceBook | Twitter | Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by GPRS Internet View Post
    Ok ... Digicel Updated the Plans...

I'm gonna jump on Postpaid Core...

Well done Digicel... now work on unlimited data and we good...

If you choose Postpaid Start ($3000) you can add unlimited local minutes for $1000.
    I Wished they had a plan with unlimited Social media, I doubt they will offer unlimited data plans. I myself would love for both Networks to offer unlimited data plans with streaming, even if we have to pay more. Jamaica does not have too much data hungry freaks, So those who consume tons of data. Should be given a plan they can afford, and which covers the total amount of services they use. Also the Network has to be upgraded fully first, as HSPA+ cannot handle unlimited. So maybe once they complete the Network side of the Digicel 2030 project, and cover Jamaica fully with LTE. Then we may see the move toward larger data plans, with plans catering towards unlimited throttled use.

These plans don't look bad at all.... definitely gonna log onto one of them...
    Unlimited Anywhere Mins - Unlimited Digi Mins - Unlimited WhatsApp - Rollover Talk & Data

Is Unlimited Finally here ... just need unlimited data now

Calling Digicel I'm getting some discrepancies with the info on their website vs the info they have in hand.. gonna have to wait awhile to see what's what as they say the website might be currently displaying incorrect info.
    Seee changes below:

Note they have removed ANYWHERE minutes. You will now have to pay for calls to FLOW.

Last edited by BountyKilla; Jul 31, 2017 at 10:12 PM.
    PHONE: XR

Quote Originally Posted by BountyKilla View Post
    Seee changes below:

Note they have removed ANYWHERE minutes. You will now have to pay for calls to FLOW.

It seems to me that you'll pay for cross-net calls on Postpaid Start, pay for intl. calls on Postpaid core and pay only taxes for most calls on Postpaid Plus. Postpaid Start doesn't make any sense to me because you can pay $600 more and get 600 anywhere minutes, 1.4 GB of plan-exempt music streaming and social media from FLOW. I only see the real value in Postpaid Core.... Nevermind the fact that these plans are way too pricey and still trying to swindle Jamaicans for calling & texts. In my opinion it actually erodes their potential revenue as customers will move their calling and texting to OTTs, which have little impact on data allowances (an hour call on WhatsApp is about 70 MB, higher quality VoIP applications like FaceTime Audio w/ its use of the super efficient AAC-ELD use about 80 MB for the same duration). It's obvious that the customers FLOW & Digicel are targeting with their new LTE networks likely use upwards of 3 GBs a month. It is time for them to embrace what operators world over have been doing for years, advertising mobile as a data centered offering, much like broadband. Offer plans from the most frugal user to the heaviest of users (and stop rinsing them with exorbitant charges for bolt-ons). Digicel's going somewhere with their plans and hopefully, with time, the lowering in prices, shifts in cost structure, and ability to offer larger data plans (as they do in Trinidad & Tobago where Core starts at 6 GB and Plus tops out at 20 GB... never mind the fact that Digicel has yet to launch LTE there), hopefully their competiton will follow suit and use the same strategies they do in other markets and stop selling Jamaicans short.

P.S. I forgot to mention that Digicel T&T offers unlimited SMS worldwide on ALL their Postpaid plans and their 'Postpaid Plus' plan also includes a free roaming plan for Caribbean travel along with that glorious 20 GB data bucket... all for just under $4000 extra. Dem tek wi fi eediat inna Jamaica.
    Last edited by Brandysull; Jul 31, 2017 at 11:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BountyKilla View Post
    Seee changes below:

Only smart doesn't give local or anywhere mins.. the other plans do.. you can add 600 anywhere mins to smart for $1000

Core is ok for me.. I don't call overseas so I don't need anywhere mins..

Only smart doesn't give local or anywhere mins.. the other plans do.. you can add 600 anywhere mins to smart for $1000

Core is ok for me.. I don't call overseas so I don't need anywhere mins..

Am trying to figure if it was an error in the beginning as I saw the second plan with anywhere minutes when they just launched

Quote Originally Posted by 876 View Post
    Am trying to figure if it was an error in the beginning as I saw the second plan with anywhere minutes when they just launched
    Yea... the website was incorrect.. I called them and they told me that the first day...