Thread: Basic System in 2017

Talking Basic System in 2017

so being pretty busy i didn't even realize the norm is DDR4 i'm still with a lil 2GB DDR3 System with what seem to be failing SATA board connectors.

up to date techies - whats the very minimum AMD/Intel basic system specs that a regular user like myself should be looking at in building a computer system

i mainly use spreadsheets, light gaming, watch HD content,run a few Android Emulating apps, moderate encoding/decoding of video content and Internet browsing

i'll be going with 8GB DDR4 for ram, i am seeking suggestions for

Board
    processor
    optical drive (any brand)
    hard drive (no ssd, any brand welcome)
    _ _ _ _________ _ _ _ _______ _ _ _
    *Intelligent people can take hints
    Preferred Phone OS: Android

If you do light gaming it don't matter. Get anything they have at IntComex and put a good PSU and medium to good GPU on it. Also, if your current rig is working fine then there's no reason to upgrade.
    Knowing the solution doesn't mean knowing the method. Yet answering correctly and regurgitation are considered "learning" and "knowledge".

They say the Nvidia 1050 (ti) is a good graphics card.
    In terms of processor maybe you can try one of the AMD ryzen? Just buy a motherboard from a good brand (Asus, gigabyte, MSI, Asrock)
    For the hard drive I recommend SSD. It is a world of difference. You can have an HDD where you keep other files and backup your documents onto I would say.

Your budget is the key factor though...

He can get a Gigabyte basic board locally (H110 or something of the sort) and if he wants the system to be faster - shell out about 30k for an i5 or so. Drop in 8GB-16GB of RAM and then do as you say with the SSD for OS and add a card for 15k-25k when he wants. But again - as you said - budget is the main factor. He did ask for a "Basic System" so I don't think you can get more basic than what's available at IntComex or the stores locally. Even if the motherboard is "basic" you can still build on it. Just not a lot of RAM or expansion slots, but it can be used.
    Knowing the solution doesn't mean knowing the method. Yet answering correctly and regurgitation are considered "learning" and "knowledge".

my current system: DVD Drive - DVD lens failing - only reads CD, SATA board connectors - 2 of 4 working on and off, may try new cables though (Intel Celeron 2.5GHZ, 2GB RAM, 500GB HD, 500W power supply)

I like the AMD Ryzen platform

Considering the board below (a few bad reviews about the onboard video freezing up/failing so just considering till i find something else worth buyin)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...KIKX0DER&psc=1

RAM:

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...-970-_-Product

Processor:

https://www.amazon.com/AMD-Processor...ywords=ryzen+5

PSU: Re-use the one i have

Optical drive: DVDRW (can just buy local )

Hard drive: re-use the current one
    may order all the stuff from Amazon/Newegg

Knee Grow. That's not "basic" anymore. Anywho - if you going buy online then you may as well.

And buy a 4k monitor, just cause you never know when you will need the extra pixels.

Can his basic system drive a 4k monitor though?

well current system the board died over the weekend

board: H61M-DGS (out of stock everywhere)

so grab a fraction of a system for $20 plus shipping

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dell-Optiple...p2047675.l2557