Thread: Telegram vs Whatsapp

Default Telegram vs Whatsapp

Technocrats any of you peeps use Telegram? Been preeing to stop use/or scale back my use of whatsapp; unoo already know I still use BBM.

But so far from the reviews I have seen Telegram seems a better messaging platform.

Share the experiences if any with using Telegram.

well whatsapp keep telling me they going to stop support bb like I care but at the same time I have no one on my BBM. doesn't matter which you use IMHO. social media as a whole is waste productive of time. Telegram on BBOS10?

I agree with you totally that social media is a waste of productive time; but oddly enough I use the messaging platforms for group collaborations especially if executing a project and not all team members are on a pc or in the same physical space.

I use Telegram ever now and then.

Its really good.

There is a super group where you can add up to 10,000 member.

Its supported on more platforms.
    Can send files almost any file type.
    They don't compressing your photo, video or reduce the quality unless you want.
    Call on telegram is clear, no delays and uses less data compared to whatsapp.

Most of the features that whatsapp is playing catch up, are already available.

They even have an in app lock feature, so need for an extra app to add security (password/fingerprint/pattern) to the app.

Secret chat is one of the best features, when you delete any message from your device its deleted on the other user device as well.
    You can set self destruct timers on messages as well.
    Last edited by Dre'; Jul 14, 2017 at 01:05 PM.
    Currently: HP Touchsmart 14t
    SM-G935FD - S7 Edge dual sim: Android 7 Official
    The 3 C's in life: Choice, Chance, Change. You must make the Choice, to take the Chance, if you want anything in life to Change.

I like Telegram, but most people use WhatsApp. So, guess which one I end up using. I was using Hangouts, but Google is just lost/unfocused with that application. Even more so now they have Allo and Duo. Besides, when they switched from G Talk to Hangouts, they magically erased my contacts and made it all about G+. Never recovered my frequent contents. Ok, enough of the veering off...

Telegram

Being synced on multiple devices is a great plus. Can log out of any of them at any time.
    Never need to exit on one device to use on another.
    You can easily send voice message.
    You can use via web browser easily.
    Nobody needs to have your phone number to chat with you as they can just utilize user name.
    You can erase a message after it is sent.
    Secret chat can be good to utilize at times.
    I know I had issue with files, but can't recall exactly what it is at the moment. I do recall the workaround was sending as file as opposed to say gallery or video.

Most importantly, it's not trying hard to be Snapchat or any social media apps like WhatsApp is currently doing.

Quote Originally Posted by owen View Post
    social media as a whole is waste productive of time.
    Yes and no, it depends on how you use it. Average Jack and Jill, social media will be a big waste of productive time. However if one knows how to and has the opportunity to utilize it, social media can "increase" your productive time.

Personally my social media has dwindled to using it from customer service, deal hunting/sharing, technology and travel based news/articles.

Back on topic -

In order of preference:

Signal > Telegram > Whatsapp

Real Life usage:

Whatsapp > Telegram > Signal

I am trying to pry people away from Whatsapp but it's tough.

Exclamation Namaste!

Good post! Security is a priority in these times
    28620899862803482534211706798 pi 101