Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 27' Monitor recommendations

Is there any other alternative (cheaper).
    To God be the Glory

Quote Originally Posted by Danestar View Post
    Is there any other alternative (cheaper).
    Find someone that ships in stuff in their own containers that would be willing to add your screen to their shipment. That's the only other way.

*EDIT*
    Find someone that is going to be traveling for a short time. Someone you know personally. Have them take a form from the airport - unaccompanied luggage form. Have them fill it out - it has to be their details. Buy the monitor and either ask them to bring it or you can then ship it after in their name. That being done with the unaccompanied luggage form should waive any fees as you're allowed USD$500 worth of things to bring in tax free if I'm not mistaken. That way you'd only pay the shipping fee if you ship it - or nothing else if you have them bring it. Maybe ask them to bring it and pay for the extra luggage. Still work out cheaper.
    Last edited by khat17; Nov 20, 2017 at 05:57 PM.
    Knowing the solution doesn't mean knowing the method. Yet answering correctly and regurgitation are considered "learning" and "knowledge".

I think it is too expensive to ship; it shouldn't cost that much to ship computer equiment.
    To God be the Glory

are gonna use it to start a business? Teach video editing? Art installation? Reverse engineering?

https://www.amazon.com/Samsung-C27F3...2NF4418RBXDGQ9
    Great price and my current monitor the ports dont face down though and its 4ms 60hz

Quote Originally Posted by khat17 View Post
    Find someone that ships in stuff in their own containers that would be willing to add your screen to their shipment. That's the only other way.

*EDIT*
    Find someone that is going to be traveling for a short time. Someone you know personally. Have them take a form from the airport - unaccompanied luggage form. Have them fill it out - it has to be their details. Buy the monitor and either ask them to bring it or you can then ship it after in their name. That being done with the unaccompanied luggage form should waive any fees as you're allowed USD$500 worth of things to bring in tax free if I'm not mistaken. That way you'd only pay the shipping fee if you ship it - or nothing else if you have them bring it. Maybe ask them to bring it and pay for the extra luggage. Still work out cheaper.
    Hmm can you combine this method with quickmail/mailpack/shipme?

And i am not clear on something... Will the person fill out details of the item on that form even though they may not have the item with them? And do you give the form to quickmail/mailpack/shipme when the item comes?

The response time on this monitor is a cause for me to be concerned is it 5ms or 14ms could someone please explain. I'm getting a sweet price on
    Ebay https://www.ebay.com/itm/LG-29UC88-2...338.m3726#rwid Would you'll buy it here? For $249.99...
    Last edited by Danestar; Dec 8, 2017 at 07:17 AM.
    To God be the Glory

Do Mailpac ship from Ebay?
    To God be the Glory

Quote Originally Posted by P1xlJA View Post
    https://www.amazon.com/Samsung-C27F3...2NF4418RBXDGQ9
    Great price and my current monitor the ports dont face down though and its 4ms 60hz
    It'sa nice monitor but I'm sold on ultrawide. Good choice
    To God be the Glory

Quote Originally Posted by Danestar View Post
    Do Mailpac ship from Ebay?
    Just enter your mailpac address as the shipping address and it should be okay. That looks like a nice monitor though, let us know how much it cost to clear.

If you're not a pro gamer then the response times shouldn't be much of an issue.
    MSI B350 Tomhawk | Ryzen 7 5700x | Cooler master hyper 212 evo heatsink | MSI gtx 1070 | Corsair 32gb DDR4 (3200Mhz) | Samsung 970 evo 1tb | Seagate 1tb + 500 gb | Dell 27 INCH-S2719DGF 2560x1440 144hz Monitor