Thread: STEAM: Changes To Gift Policies

Default STEAM: Changes To Gift Policies

https://www.reddit.com/r/Steam/comme...fting_changes/

So I recently wanted to buy a game for a friend and send to him - want's to play CS:GO together. Searching down the whole STEAM site like crazy and realize the option isn't there. After some digging on the internet this was found. Opened a ticket with them on it as well - hoping to hear some reason as to why, and if there's any way to send a gift to a friend now.

The problem is that persons without a purchased game in their list can't add friends and can't be found on the friends list. Sucks and makes things hard.

*EDIT*
    Got back a message from their support with this URL.

https://steamcommunity.com/games/593...48399254001159

I'm waiting to hear back as to why this was done, and how would it be possible for me to buy a game for a friend that doesn't have a paid game. If you don't have at least one paid game you can't add friends or anything.
    Last edited by khat17; Jun 4, 2017 at 10:45 AM.
    Knowing the solution doesn't mean knowing the method. Yet answering correctly and regurgitation are considered "learning" and "knowledge".

Yeah I think they did this because people were creating false accounts to do unscrupulous activities. Your best bet is to just have him change his password to a temporary one and you borrow it to make the purchase or he just buy a game himself and call it a day.
    Current Android - OnePlus 7T Pro
    PC Specs - Motherboard: Asus PRIME B560-PLUS | Processor: Intel Core i5-11600K (stock) | Memory: 32 gigs Corsair Vengeance DDR4@3200mhz | Video Card: ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4070 (OC Edition) | Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming 27" 2K Monitor | Steam ID -> Powpow

Did that actually. It's the only way here now with the way these things are.
    Knowing the solution doesn't mean knowing the method. Yet answering correctly and regurgitation are considered "learning" and "knowledge".