Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: XBOX 360 ... revealed

Whose gonna be the first to Land one of these babies in JA...
    If someone beats me to It...I am gonna be spending sometime with that person indeed...
    I dont need to know everything, I just need to know where to find the answer...Einstein

Omar O Thompson (CISA, CCSP, CCDA, CCNA, NCDS(CS1000), LPIC-1, Linux+)

IBM Power PC ... Thats RISC technology right there... the same familiy that runs the current iteration of the MAC...

It is bound to be BAD !
    Those who do not understand UNIX are doomed to reinvent it poorly.

Impressive specs! I think I want one.

u think u want one? lol, i know i want one.
    Nickname: Virus
    Education: B.Sc. Computer Information Science, Asc. Mass Communication, MCSD, MCSE and CCNA

let me clear up some tings. i luv xbox i sold my ps2 to get one, modded it and everythin. now i have somethin can play myu xvid files.

dear i say i am a xbox fan now. sony really piss me off. they have a lot more games but if u play one (e.g a FPS) it feels like u have played all. they have too many similar games and nothin really innovative thats why i got a xbox

cler1c will be the first to get a xbox 360. i will wait until a year after the ps3 has lauched to decide which console to get. if mi money strong i will get both.

but what a feel will happen is that after a while most games will be comin out on both ps3 and xbox 360 and because ps3 will have the better lookin game people will go for that. just like whats happenin with the ps2 and xbox, they have the same games but the xbox version is usually of better quality. So we shall wait and see monday is E3 so sony might show the ps3
    ChAos AnD cOnfLicT ArE mY ParEntS

point taken malloc ... i must say i would love to see gran turismo 5 on ps3.
    but in the end ima go with microsoft.
    i dont see maself being disappointed alot if at all with that purchase.
    "Dont watch me ... watch TV"

all in all, di name xbox 360 sound retarded, hope dem change it, it look wicked(di white a it fi me) and a good amount a di game dem look tuff(perfect dark never impress me at all), now mi even more interested fi see what sony and nintendo have up fi dem sleeve, mi not making any decisions yet but mi going to wait bout a year after di ps3 and revolution bus, when di price dem drop inna di 100 region
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...d_1024_768.jpg

releasing restrictions to restriction level 1

This time I think Microsoft has a winner... a system engineered from the ground up with perfect synergy between hardware and software and ... importantly... its RISC

wait... I said that before right

gillion what is RISC?
    ChAos AnD cOnfLicT ArE mY ParEntS

Quote Originally Posted by Malloc-X
    gillion what is RISC?
    Reduced instruction set computer.

It is a CPU deisng concept that came after the CISC cpu designs.

Essentially a risc cpu completes one instruction per clock cycle

sooo

a 1 Hz risc computer does one instruction per second

and 3 GHZ risc computer does 3,000,000,000 instruction per second

In contrast we have the CISC computers, like the x86 cpu (intel/AMD) where

you have multiple cycles before one any 1 useful instruction is completed.

so... for one instruction you CISC cpu has to do many cycles for that one instruction.

Ergo... a RISC cpu is a actually more efficient than a CISC and its clock speed is a true reflection of its power. You can also get more done with a pure RISC in terms of assembly programming. And as such you programming languages and your OS become much smaller and much faster and possibly less bugs.

CISC on the other hand was a *****... and it wasted cycles... this is why the big rush for INTEL many years ago was to just push clock speed up and up and up to compensate for the waste.

However they new CISC CPUs are very RISC like.

With added things like hyper threading... and parallel processing. I think the AMD cpu is the most RISC like of all... which is part of the reason their low CPU clocks can keep up with the high clock intels.

I think... if x86 used pure risc, we would have been at x86 64bit long ago.

The DEC alpha processor is RISC and it is what I would call a true archetype of what the world missed in terms of pure power.

The IBM Power PC that xbox is using is bringing this technology to home base. It makes for less heat, better performance, creates room for better coding... the only thing left is for the software to sit on it and really drive it fast and efficiently.

I do not think intel/amd cpus could run an Xbox 360.

The IBM PPC is a leap ahead of anything AMD and Intel have

Infact all modern processors are RISC down to the CPU in my GBA or my PalmPilot. Which is why they kick ***.

Think about it !

How can you pack so much punch into a GBA

ohh here you go

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Complex...n_Set_Computer

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RISC