Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Help me build an intel pc for work

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    2,023
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Help me build an intel pc for work

    Machine will be used for development, visual studio, android studio, dat sorta thing. I'm trying to keep the cost down a bit but still want a good machine and especially dont know whether the video card I chose is any good or if I even need a video card for that matter, could prolly get a board with more video options cuz i'll need 2 monitors. Think i'll look for a better board after all but waiting to hear the recommendations first in case it better I use a card but I think the intel HD graphics is actually sufficient. Here's what I got:
    Processor - Intel Core i7-7700K
    Heard the i7 doesn't come with a stock cooler so Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO
    Gigabyte GA-Z270P-D3 ATX LGA1151
    Patriot Viper Elite 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2666
    Crucial MX300 525GB Solid State Drive
    EVGA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB ACX 3.0
    Case not important but can use a suggestion, jus want sumn cheap VIVO CASE-V01 ATX Mid Tower
    Corsair CXM 750W

    Prolly try a Ryzen at a later date but for this one I definitely want an intel.
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    You assume all risk for your use. 2006 Cloud Solutions. All rights reserved.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    16,974
    Rep Power
    28

    Default

    If you are building a PC for development, avoid quad cores. So if you are looking into Intel look at X99.

    But then you want to "keep cost low"... So you gonna have to compromise. I would not comprise on processing power though and that what you are doing by going quad core.

    Seems like you building a gaming PC based on what you chose.
    SLAPPA Phenom II AM3 Overclocking Essentials
    I HAVE HIGHEST OC ON TECHJA 4.2ghz
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    ps3 only advantage is bluray
    4890 oc roundup
    http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/0/skugpezz.png
    Mi know dem fear mi!!!!! Gigabyte 790x ud4p
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    2,023
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I've been using quad cores currently and in the past, not saying the X99 wouldn't do a better job but i'm not going into anything intensive like that so I think the quad will work. Coming from like Athlon II and more recently like A8-3870. Was actually thinking about an i5 but decided I could at least bump that up to an i7 but dont really wanna go any further. Thanks for the reply, looking for ur re-reply and any new replies.
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    You assume all risk for your use. 2006 Cloud Solutions. All rights reserved.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,073
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cloud View Post
    I've been using quad cores currently and in the past, not saying the X99 wouldn't do a better job but i'm not going into anything intensive like that so I think the quad will work. Coming from like Athlon II and more recently like A8-3870. Was actually thinking about an i5 but decided I could at least bump that up to an i7 but dont really wanna go any further. Thanks for the reply, looking for ur re-reply and any new replies.
    Why not go Ryzen since what you are doing would benefit from the increased number of threads?
    Live Well, Love Much, Laugh Often -Anonymous.......

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    4,852
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by topanaris View Post
    Why not go Ryzen since what you are doing would benefit from the increased number of threads?
    I agree. Ryzen is best for what you want it for right now while keeping costs down. Doesn't make sense getting an i7 if your going with just a gtx 1050ti either. Just my opinion though.
    Current Android - HTC One M9+
    PC Specs - Motherboard: Asus Z77 -A | Processor: Intel Core i5-3570K (Overclocked to 4.4 ghz) | Memory: 2x 4gig Corsair Vengeance DDR3 @ 1600mhz | Video Card: Asus Strix GTX 970 (1500mhz O.C) | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24" 144hz HD/3D | Steam ID --> Powpow

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    218
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Car Audio and PC Enthusiast. System Specs:CPU:Intel-Core i7 4790k 4Ghz quad-core processor, COOLER: Corsair H80i V2, MOBO:MSI Z97A Gaming 7, RAM:Kingston Savage 16gb (2x8) 1866mhz, SSD:Samsung 850 evo-series 250gb, HDD:WD black 7200rpm 1tb, GPU:MSI geforce GTX 980ti gaming 6G, CASE:Corsair carbide 230t black, PSU:EVGA 850W G2 80+GOLD.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    189
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I know you said build but a refurbished workstation may not be a bad option.
    https://m.newegg.com/products/9SIA5YV4ZT5210
    Here's a 6 core zeon which you can easily upgrade.
    Previous Devices -> SE P1i , Nokia E75, Blackberry 9900 OS 7.1, HTC One

    Current Device -> LG G6

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    16,974
    Rep Power
    28

    Default

    Nice cost effective high performance build.

    maybe he does not need that much GPU power, so i might go with a Rx 460....

    Quote Originally Posted by PrenticeX View Post
    I know you said build but a refurbished workstation may not be a bad option.
    https://m.newegg.com/products/9SIA5YV4ZT5210
    Here's a 6 core zeon which you can easily upgrade.
    Smart... This would be a good option. Pretty much what I do for home servers
    SLAPPA Phenom II AM3 Overclocking Essentials
    I HAVE HIGHEST OC ON TECHJA 4.2ghz
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    ps3 only advantage is bluray
    4890 oc roundup
    http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/0/skugpezz.png
    Mi know dem fear mi!!!!! Gigabyte 790x ud4p
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    218
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pezz View Post
    Nice cost effective high performance build.

    maybe he does not need that much GPU power, so i might go with a Rx 460....
    The RX 460 is basically console performance, so i just go up a tier so he can atleast play certain games.

    Quick question, I just cleaned my system and fitted it back up it boot up but my CPU a hit 99c like the H80i V2 pump aint working. Has that ever happened to you before? plus after me reboot it wasn't detecting the GPU at all try everything and then all of a sudden it pick it up.
    Car Audio and PC Enthusiast. System Specs:CPU:Intel-Core i7 4790k 4Ghz quad-core processor, COOLER: Corsair H80i V2, MOBO:MSI Z97A Gaming 7, RAM:Kingston Savage 16gb (2x8) 1866mhz, SSD:Samsung 850 evo-series 250gb, HDD:WD black 7200rpm 1tb, GPU:MSI geforce GTX 980ti gaming 6G, CASE:Corsair carbide 230t black, PSU:EVGA 850W G2 80+GOLD.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    16,974
    Rep Power
    28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cushman View Post
    The RX 460 is basically console performance, so i just go up a tier so he can atleast play certain games.

    Quick question, I just cleaned my system and fitted it back up it boot up but my CPU a hit 99c like the H80i V2 pump aint working. Has that ever happened to you before? plus after me reboot it wasn't detecting the GPU at all try everything and then all of a sudden it pick it up.
    What is wrong with console performance? I game On my Xbox more than my PC these days and don't have an issue.

    You issue:
    is your pump plugged into the motherboard or directly to the PSU?

    Did you over apply the thermal paste?
    SLAPPA Phenom II AM3 Overclocking Essentials
    I HAVE HIGHEST OC ON TECHJA 4.2ghz
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    ps3 only advantage is bluray
    4890 oc roundup
    http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/0/skugpezz.png
    Mi know dem fear mi!!!!! Gigabyte 790x ud4p
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •