Thread: Klip Xtreme vs logitec speakers?

Default Klip Xtreme vs logitec speakers?

Anyone ever tried both of these brands for speakers? How did you find the klip brand?

I mean logitec was the staple brand for peripherals in my UWI days, but I am not that close minded to believe that other brands in aren't just as good (just normal people price brackets I am talking about here!). Been looking to buy a good set of speakers. But there is a big gulf in the price between these two brands that I see at Royal computers. They have the logitec z532 and z506. Verus some klip stuff can't even remember the models.. but one of them has bluetooth.

Application - desktop and phone every now and then for music and movies-

Any guidance appreciated.

Altecs were the ones to get. Logitech was secondary. If you wanted top end speakers you'd go with some of the Creative Labs, JBL or Harman Kardon if you want to spend the money. As far as PC speakers go though - my 10+ year old Altec Lansing XA3051 is still going very strong.

I personally haven't used any of the KLIP speakers. Aside from the specs on what the speaker output and such may be, I really just want to know that they sound good. Have them crank it up in a store and see how it goes.
    Knowing the solution doesn't mean knowing the method. Yet answering correctly and regurgitation are considered "learning" and "knowledge".

logitech stands out for me from back in the day, but never had much experience with KLIP Extreme.

khat17 where does polk audio stands in your list? i had some from yr 2000, just the wires began shorting they were real good
    _ _ _ _________ _ _ _ _______ _ _ _
    *Intelligent people can take hints
    Preferred Phone OS: Android

From what I know audiophiles dont do logitech.

Klip is bigger around audiophiles

However I have logitech and I like them, I am no audiophile though. Cheap logitechs aren't good though.
    SLAPPA Phenom II AM3 Overclocking Essentials
    I HAVE HIGHEST OC ON TECHJA 4.2ghz
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    ps3 only advantage is bluray
    4890 oc roundup
    http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/0/skugpezz.png
    Mi know dem fear mi!!!!! Gigabyte 790x ud4p
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

Quote Originally Posted by nevintech View Post
    logitech stands out for me from back in the day, but never had much experience with KLIP Extreme.

khat17 where does polk audio stands in your list? i had some from yr 2000, just the wires began shorting they were real good
    Not familiar with Polk. To be honest, my first set of speakers were Creative Labs and I had a SoundBlaster card. Nothing pushed as much as that card. Some others like Turtle Beach were decent as well, but the Creative Labs stood out. Then I started getting other speakers and JBL was the next one that stood out. Then after doing research I went with Altec Lansing. Never went back. I saw some Logitech speakers and was really tempted - and those were 5.1 while mine aren't - but I like the clarity on the Altecs better. I think the bass was better on the Logitech however. Couldn't afford the Harman Kardon nor do I know where sells them out here. Not for PC anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by pezz View Post
    From what I know audiophiles dont do logitech.

Klip is bigger around audiophiles

However I have logitech and I like them, I am no audiophile though. Cheap logitechs aren't good though.
    Klip is a new company in comparison to lots of the other ones including Logitech. Klip is about 8 - 9 years old. Cheap speakers aren't good with any brand - except maybe Sound Blaster and JBL. Their cheaper speakers were pretty awesome. Klip has a wide range and their stuff does sound good (headphones) but if you're a true audiophile, you'll go for brands like Sennheiser and Plantronics. But I'm not spending upwards of USD$100 for headphones. I think I paid about USD$25 for the Plantronics ones I have. That was maybe 5 years ago or more.

https://www.amazon.com/Plantronics-A.../dp/B001J30FZM
    Last edited by khat17; Apr 20, 2017 at 10:06 PM.
    Knowing the solution doesn't mean knowing the method. Yet answering correctly and regurgitation are considered "learning" and "knowledge".

Quote Originally Posted by khat17 View Post
    Not familiar with Polk. To be honest, my first set of speakers were Creative Labs and I had a SoundBlaster card. Nothing pushed as much as that card. Some others like Turtle Beach were decent as well, but the Creative Labs stood out. Then I started getting other speakers and JBL was the next one that stood out. Then after doing research I went with Altec Lansing. Never went back. I saw some Logitech speakers and was really tempted - and those were 5.1 while mine aren't - but I like the clarity on the Altecs better. I think the bass was better on the Logitech however. Couldn't afford the Harman Kardon nor do I know where sells them out here. Not for PC anyways.

Klip is a new company in comparison to lots of the other ones including Logitech. Klip is about 8 - 9 years old. Cheap speakers aren't good with any brand - except maybe Sound Blaster and JBL. Their cheaper speakers were pretty awesome. Klip has a wide range and their stuff does sound good (headphones) but if you're a true audiophile, you'll go for brands like Sennheiser and Plantronics. But I'm not spending upwards of USD$100 for headphones. I think I paid about USD$25 for the Plantronics ones I have. That was maybe 5 years ago or more.

https://www.amazon.com/Plantronics-A.../dp/B001J30FZM
    Speakers I like.Headphones I do not.
    SLAPPA Phenom II AM3 Overclocking Essentials
    I HAVE HIGHEST OC ON TECHJA 4.2ghz
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    ps3 only advantage is bluray
    4890 oc roundup
    http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/0/skugpezz.png
    Mi know dem fear mi!!!!! Gigabyte 790x ud4p
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

Klip is shiite, stay clear. I have been through several. Stick to the brands that you know, Creative, Harmon Kardon and logitech
    Live Well, Love Much, Laugh Often -Anonymous.......

Quote Originally Posted by pezz View Post
    Speakers I like.Headphones I do not.
    I haven't tried any speakers from Klip so I can't speak to that. The headsets not bad though - I'll give them that.

Thanks for the replies folks. So i bit the bullet and got the klip extreme mirage 115 watts.

Yes. It was a risk to go with the central american brand that is relatively unknown to the rest of the world but to be fair there are not many reviews on klip that are in english so it is hard to say how well the brand is recieved.. But all i saw in the stores is klip and i was impressed with the wide array of products the brand has. i got the perception this is a brand that is serious about being up to date. i took the plunge.

The mirage model is a six speaker system. For connectivity it has bluetooth connection. "DVD" 5.1. FM radio.. USB. And SD card so it is well connected. Prologic if u want a surround effect from a stereo source. So with that said my requirement of playing music on my phone wirelessly from my bed was met.

I am no audiophile but i can say that I think the sound is pretty good. It is actually too powerful for my room and my room is quite spacious. There is no need to crank it up. The default sound is a little dim on mid range. It seems as if they upped the bass and treble from the factory. Thankfully you can individually adjust these on the set or better yet adjust the equalizer on your source device. My uncle who is an audiophile thought it sounded pretty good.

I notice that over bluetooth the signal can be variable strength. Connected by wire to your phone it is a bit stronger of a signal.

The build quality is good. It is actually better build quality than most. Buttons are solid. The boxes are heavy and have a nice mirror finish to them. The digital display looks mean and the stealth design style looks cool beside my coolermaster sniper case.

Overall i felt it was good buy. I would recommend it.
    Last edited by M20; May 14, 2017 at 04:22 PM.