Thread: Digicel New Rate Plan(s)

Default Digicel New Rate Plan(s)

Well gimmie 5 is officially dead along with all other plans as of April 13,2017.

Double dat, 2.89,2.95 etc. It's over. They officially killed them holy Thursday. No more free nights no more free text no more free 55 mins after first 5 mins. Omg.

It's just 25% more talk time you get. Apparently those on the current plans can stay for a while but those who switch won't be able to go back.

So my advice to everyone is to spread the word. Never attempt to activate the quick pik plans as those will automatically revert u to the 5.95 plan and u won't be able to go back to gimmie 5 etc. It seems they doing some serious revenue measures.

Quote Originally Posted by 876 View Post
    Well gimmie 5 is officially dead along with all other plans as of April 13,2017.

Double dat, 2.89,2.95 etc. It's over. They officially killed them holy Thursday. No more free nights no more free text no more free 55 mins after first 5 mins. Omg.

It's just 25% more talk time you get. Apparently those on the current plans can stay for a while but those who switch won't be able to go back.

So my advice to everyone is to spread the word. Never attempt to activate the quick pik plans as those will automatically revert u to the 5.95 plan and u won't be able to go back to gimmie 5 etc. It seems they doing some serious revenue measures.
    I heard Nothing in the News, Nor did I see a Press Release. They are indeed going financially bankrupt. So I guess this move is apart of the Digicel 2030 project. To significantly cut expenses, and massively grow profits across all Markets.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan77791 View Post
    I heard Nothing in the News, Nor did I see a Press Release. They are indeed going financially bankrupt. So I guess this move is apart of the Digicel 2030 project. To significantly cut expenses, and massively grow profits across all Markets.
    Go to their website and select plans and you will see....i also wonder if there is any credibility in the story that Digi planning to sell some markets ,also wondering if any truth in their dealings with flow

Huh? Are we talking about Digicel Jamaica...?

As at the time of my post, I see Gimme 5, 2.89 Sweet Plan and the 2.95 Plan
    https://www.digicelgroup.com/jm/en/m...aid-plans.html

Quote Originally Posted by slimalbert1 View Post

yep Digicel Jamaica

Reading the text on the page you provided a link to is very important.

"Starting April 13, 2017 Digicel introduced the 5.49 plan as the new default plan for customers who join our network, activate a Quick Pick Plan or choose the More Credit offer.

Once you sign-up to the 5.49 Plan, this will become your new default rate plan and you will be opted out of receiving First-of-the-Month bonus, Free Nights, Best Friend for Free and Gimme 5 benefits. With the introduction of the new 5.49 Plan sign-ups for the 2.95 Plan, 2.89 Sweet Plan and Gimme 5 Plan will be closed as of April 13, 2017. Customers already on these plans prior to April 13, 2017 will continue to access the benefits available on these plans."

lolz, pretty soon everybody will have to get back land lines just so them can eat food.

Quote Originally Posted by 876 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by psilos View Post
    They are two different links.

Quote Originally Posted by owen View Post
    lolz, pretty soon everybody will have to get back land lines just so them can eat food.
    Our mobile future don't look good at all

Quote Originally Posted by psilos View Post
    The bluntly said both via customer care and in the app announcement that all other plans will soon be discontinued. I sought further clarification and was told by someone higher up that the rest of plans will soon change Esp 2.89 and 2.95...

They already marrying quick pick with the new plan and once u go on that u cannot come off or change the calling plan from 5.95