Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My first gaming Rig

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.dre View Post
    I've decided to keep the 1700 and go with an m2 drive but the question now is do i buy a 32 inch tv to use as a monitor or just buy a dedicated monitor......

where in Jamaica can i get a decent monitor to buy if i decide to go that route
    DWL! NO WHERE OUT YAH NO HAVE DAT! Just get a proper monitor you can get reasonably price 75Hz-144Hz TN or IPS panel monitor to go along with your GPU. A TV is a no no in my book for a GPU of that caliber, How much of a gamer are you?
    Last edited by cushman; Apr 17, 2017 at 10:44 PM.
    Car Audio and PC Enthusiast. System Specs:CPU:Intel-Core i7 4790k 4Ghz quad-core processor, COOLER: Corsair H80i V2, MOBO:MSI Z97A Gaming 7, RAM:Kingston Savage 16gb (2x8) 1866mhz, SSD:Samsung 850 evo-series 250gb, HDD:WD black 7200rpm 1tb, GPU:MSI geforce GTX 980ti gaming 6G, CASE:Corsair carbide 230t black, PSU:EVGA 850W G2 80+GOLD.

A TV is never a good choice for gaming. full stop.

okay so i guess a tv is not a good idea so what should i look for when choosing a monitor?

Im not that much of a gamer currently because i don't have a dedicated gaming system but whenever i go to my friends house and pick up that controller i don't want to put it back down lol.

okay so i guess a tv is not a good idea so what should i look for when choosing a monitor?

Im not that much of a gamer currently because i don't have a dedicated gaming system but whenever i go to my friends house and pick up that controller i don't want to put it back down lol.
    LOL. So i can assume that you have never used a mouse and keyboard for gaming then? But you still can use a controller non the less. To find a good monitor is the same as trying to find the other parts of your system. Brand, specs and price. The best brands are Asus, Benq, LG and samsung. Next is specs, I will suggest 144Hz, 1-5ms GTG TN or IPS panel and to get a good one it's gonna be pretty close to the cost of your GPU but i think you can find cheaper.
    Car Audio and PC Enthusiast. System Specs:CPU:Intel-Core i7 4790k 4Ghz quad-core processor, COOLER: Corsair H80i V2, MOBO:MSI Z97A Gaming 7, RAM:Kingston Savage 16gb (2x8) 1866mhz, SSD:Samsung 850 evo-series 250gb, HDD:WD black 7200rpm 1tb, GPU:MSI geforce GTX 980ti gaming 6G, CASE:Corsair carbide 230t black, PSU:EVGA 850W G2 80+GOLD.

Ive actually spent hours at a time playing need for speed, call of duty and resident evil on pc so I'm used to keyboard and mouse lol

Oh how am i gonna get past customs with all that stuff lol, ill probably just use my current monitor and wait for a black Friday sale to buy a new one. Thanks for the advice though.

Ive actually spent hours at a time playing need for speed, call of duty and resident evil on pc so I'm used to keyboard and mouse lol

Oh how am i gonna get past customs with all that stuff lol, ill probably just use my current monitor and wait for a black Friday sale to buy a new one. Thanks for the advice though.
    You're not gonna get past them with the items looking brand new and still in the packages.

Do you think its a good idea to just assemble everything and take it with me on the plane? Im afraid of it getting damaged

Do you think its a good idea to just assemble everything and take it with me on the plane? Im afraid of it getting damaged
    That's a risky proposition because you have to make sure the components inside doesn't wobble and the agents don't know how to handle that kind of tech and might damage it.

Quote Originally Posted by pezz View Post
    Why you downgrade your rig?

You will never see the difference between the SSD's unless you run a benchmark. You will definitely see the different between 12 and 16 threads in many programs.

Spend on what makes a difference.
    That isn't necessarily true. But for Gaming and load times you're probably correct.

In production environments with large files R/W speed makes a world of difference.

Quote Originally Posted by mykel View Post
    A TV is never a good choice for gaming. full stop.

Tv is ok for gaming and watching videos.

For reading etc... it is not good.

Lots of people buy 4k tvs instead of monitors these days and have no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Flexx17 View Post
    That isn't necessarily true. But for Gaming and load times you're probably correct.

In production environments with large files R/W speed makes a world of difference.
    I cant tell the difference between the milliseconds a good ssd vs a very good with loading times.
    SLAPPA Phenom II AM3 Overclocking Essentials
    I HAVE HIGHEST OC ON TECHJA 4.2ghz
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    ps3 only advantage is bluray
    4890 oc roundup
    http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/0/skugpezz.png
    Mi know dem fear mi!!!!! Gigabyte 790x ud4p
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality