Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Visitors could be forced to hand over phones when entering the US.

Angry Visitors could be forced to hand over phones when entering the US.

https://nakedsecurity.sophos.com/201...tering-the-us/

Latest suggestion on 'extreme vetting' extends scope beyond the majority-Muslim countries already under Trump's spotlight and could require visitors to provide social media passwords
    Dain Bramaged
    Google Voice: 954-779-6436

http://www.prolexic.com Now Apart of Akamai Technologies

They're already doing this in the airports. If they profile you and check your phone and find anything, they'll ban you or deport you or whatever. So if you have friends like I do who decide to send you all manner of things over WhatsApp - just make sure you remove them before flying. Next thing they see you with things and consider you a pervert or bomber. I have photos of my son - they may think I'm a pervert unless I can prove is mine. They see replays of CS: Source on my phone - they think I'm training to bomb them. Yep. Good stuff. Just be careful.
    Knowing the solution doesn't mean knowing the method. Yet answering correctly and regurgitation are considered "learning" and "knowledge".

The searching of people's cellphones, laptops etc and demanding people's passwords for said devices by customs and border agents is going on now, and actually predated President Trump's administration... Its funny how the WSJ had nothing to say when it was implemented and flourished under the Kenyan administration, but want to make an issue of it now, base purely on speculation and unnamed sources that it will be implemented as part of Trump's stringent vetting process. This is clearly yet another hit piece on Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAngel View Post
    The searching of people's cellphones, laptops etc and demanding people's passwords for said devices by customs and border agents is going on now, and actually predated President Trump's administration... Its funny how the WSJ had nothing to say when it was implemented and flourished under the Kenyan administration, but want to make an issue of it now, base purely on speculation and unnamed sources that it will be implemented as part of Trump's stringent vetting process. This is clearly yet another hit piece on Trump.
    I really dont see why they would need the passwords of the social media accounts when they can search it themselves. All that will hapepn is persons will start creating a lot more face profiles.

Oh and there is a particular travel agency here in Jamaica that is demanding access to your email password to apply for a US visa. I dont wanna say the name here but i have called the embassy and they told me they have no such request here in Jamaica but the said agency is adamant that the US are the ones requesting each persons email password.

Surprisingly enough as soon as someone i knew applied and gave the email password and got the visa all of a sudden her email has been flooded with spam from local airlines and someone even tried scamming her . Dont wanna say much but we all should be careful who we give our passwords as gmail stores all whatsapp and other app backups ,text backups, picture backups. LOCATION HISTORY ,browsing history. No wonder this scammer could detail this person's daily travel route. Someone needs to look into this particular agency. Its one of those who help to apply for us visa.

Quote Originally Posted by 876 View Post
    I really dont see why they would need the passwords of the social media accounts when they can search it themselves. All that will hapepn is persons will start creating a lot more face profiles.

Oh and there is a particular travel agency here in Jamaica that is demanding access to your email password to apply for a US visa. I dont wanna say the name here but i have called the embassy and they told me they have no such request here in Jamaica but the said agency is adamant that the US are the ones requesting each persons email password.

Surprisingly enough as soon as someone i knew applied and gave the email password and got the visa all of a sudden her email has been flooded with spam from local airlines and someone even tried scamming her . Dont wanna say much but we all should be careful who we give our passwords as gmail stores all whatsapp and other app backups ,text backups, picture backups. LOCATION HISTORY ,browsing history. No wonder this scammer could detail this person's daily travel route. Someone needs to look into this particular agency. Its one of those who help to apply for us visa.
    Why are people using agencies to apply for Visa?

Everyone can apply independently. Using an agency doesn't make your chances any better.
    SLAPPA Phenom II AM3 Overclocking Essentials
    I HAVE HIGHEST OC ON TECHJA 4.2ghz
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    ps3 only advantage is bluray
    4890 oc roundup
    http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/0/skugpezz.png
    Mi know dem fear mi!!!!! Gigabyte 790x ud4p
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

Quote Originally Posted by pezz View Post
    Why are people using agencies to apply for Visa?

Everyone can apply independently. Using an agency doesn't make your chances any better.
    Supposedly it does. If you go through a "reputable" agency and they complete their background checks and such, you are more likely to get through. Or so people think. It's also easier for persons to get their things done without physically going sometimes. Not sure about now though.
    Knowing the solution doesn't mean knowing the method. Yet answering correctly and regurgitation are considered "learning" and "knowledge".

Quote Originally Posted by khat17 View Post
    Supposedly it does. If you go through a "reputable" agency and they complete their background checks and such, you are more likely to get through. Or so people think. It's also easier for persons to get their things done without physically going sometimes. Not sure about now though.
    Any government/immigration body will tell you an agency does not make your chances any better.

You only use agencies if you don't understand what you are doing. They do exactly what the instructions tell applicants to do. Instructions are available on all immigration websites.

Agencies don't have it easier or have any express route. They imply they do, but they do not.

However they do make your chances better by following instructions and getting all necessary stuff. But you can do it yourself.
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    4890 oc roundup
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

Quote Originally Posted by pezz View Post
    Any government/immigration body will tell you an agency does not make your chances any better.

You only use agencies if you don't understand what you are doing. They do exactly what the instructions tell applicants to do. Instructions are available on all immigration websites.

Agencies don't have it easier or have any express route. They imply they do, but they do not.

However they do make your chances better by following instructions and getting all necessary stuff. But you can do it yourself.
    People are just lazy. I go on the J1 student program every year and i complete the application by myself by just simply anwering the questions while some students rather pay the agencies up to $4000 to do the application for them. Some agencies even make it mandatory for you to pay them to do the application.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.dre View Post
    People are just lazy. I go on the J1 student program every year and i complete the application by myself by just simply anwering the questions while some students rather pay the agencies up to $4000 to do the application for them. Some agencies even make it mandatory for you to pay them to do the application.
    "Black People Don't Read" or simply, Jamaicans are lazy. And I had no idea it was just up to JMD$4,000 - thought it was more.

Quote Originally Posted by khat17 View Post
    "Black People Don't Read" or simply, Jamaicans are lazy. And I had no idea it was just up to JMD$4,000 - thought it was more.
    Not just black people. It is a third world country thing.

I think it is more than $4000.
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    4890 oc roundup