Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WhatsApp Desktop Now Available

Quote Originally Posted by khat17 View Post
    https://www.whatsapp.com/download/

Most persons should already know about WhatsApp Web. This allows you to use WhatsApp from your browser. Today when I signed in to that I noticed a link saying a desktop app is now available for both PC and MAC. Testing now. Will edit back and say what's up with it.

*EDIT*
    So it seems to be nothing more than a dedicated app which does the same thing as the web interface. Not seeing any real benefit to having it over using the web interface. So up to you if you want to install an app for that or just use your browser IMO. And I'm seeing posts online from 2016, so this comes in very late. But just so we have the info here.
    Been using WhatsApp on my Macbook for quite some time. Find it very convenient at work, usually place my phone down and able to access all conversations from my laptop. I find the independent app is even more convenient than the web browser version.
    PHONE: XR

Quote Originally Posted by GPRS Internet View Post
    should be able to connect to the app via bluetooth
    Bluetooth itself is not secure. Whatsapp wants end-to-end encryption throughout the entire process.
    HTML Code:
    PM or link me                              Smartphone: Samsung Galaxy Note 8 SM-N950F
    CompTIA A+ Certified                       Laptop: Apple MacBook™ Pro
    ITIL v3  Certified                         Tablet: DELL Venue 11 Pro
                 Apple is still the best  thing since sliced bread