Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WhatsApp Desktop Now Available

Default WhatsApp Desktop Now Available

https://www.whatsapp.com/download/

Most persons should already know about WhatsApp Web. This allows you to use WhatsApp from your browser. Today when I signed in to that I noticed a link saying a desktop app is now available for both PC and MAC. Testing now. Will edit back and say what's up with it.

*EDIT*
    So it seems to be nothing more than a dedicated app which does the same thing as the web interface. Not seeing any real benefit to having it over using the web interface. So up to you if you want to install an app for that or just use your browser IMO. And I'm seeing posts online from 2016, so this comes in very late. But just so we have the info here.
    Last edited by khat17; Mar 25, 2017 at 07:01 AM.
    Knowing the solution doesn't mean knowing the method. Yet answering correctly and regurgitation are considered "learning" and "knowledge".

Lets say I install.. Have data on ma phone and no internet on PC.. can I message in the app ?

*** Edit... tested it .. doesn't work, should be able to connect to the app via bluetooth ***
    Last edited by GPRS Internet; Mar 25, 2017 at 09:48 AM.
    ---
    Stay Connected,..

FaceBook | Twitter | Instagram

Its been around for quite some time.

I've never been interested in WhatsApp Web, but excitedly tried out WhatsApp for Windows last year. It runs more like a metro app though. I like it.
    It'll give you Windows desktop notifications for message and calls, but it does require your computer be connected to the net, and it also prefers if your phone is connected to WiFi.

I prefer using it over my phone whenever I'm home at my computer.

Quote Originally Posted by khat17 View Post
    https://www.whatsapp.com/download/

Most persons should already know about WhatsApp Web. This allows you to use WhatsApp from your browser. Today when I signed in to that I noticed a link saying a desktop app is now available for both PC and MAC. Testing now. Will edit back and say what's up with it.

*EDIT*
    So it seems to be nothing more than a dedicated app which does the same thing as the web interface. Not seeing any real benefit to having it over using the web interface. So up to you if you want to install an app for that or just use your browser IMO. And I'm seeing posts online from 2016, so this comes in very late. But just so we have the info here.
    No use to me then. Will continue using whatsapp web.

Quote Originally Posted by GPRS Internet View Post
    Lets say I install.. Have data on ma phone and no internet on PC.. can I message in the app ?

*** Edit... tested it .. doesn't work, should be able to connect to the app via bluetooth ***
    SLAPPA Phenom II AM3 Overclocking Essentials
    I HAVE HIGHEST OC ON TECHJA 4.2ghz
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    ps3 only advantage is bluray
    4890 oc roundup
    http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/0/skugpezz.png
    Mi know dem fear mi!!!!! Gigabyte 790x ud4p
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

Quote Originally Posted by GPRS Internet View Post

This should be clarified because on first, second... tenth glance, this make no sense.
    1.8 Ghz Pentium 4 (OC'd.) / Intel P4 (478) Motherboard / 800MHz DDR / 256 Mb DDR RAM / 40GB Seagate / RIVA TNT2 Pro 32MB / 24X12X24 Sony CDRW+ / 18" View Sonic CRT / Windows ME Yes it will play Doom... i plan on trying Crysis 3 one of these days.

I think he's saying - if you connect the desktop app to your phone over bluetooth, it should be able to just work and use the phone directly. Not sure if this is a feature of the app or not - would have to test, but I already uninstalled.
    Knowing the solution doesn't mean knowing the method. Yet answering correctly and regurgitation are considered "learning" and "knowledge".

Quote Originally Posted by gW33Zy View Post
    This should be clarified because on first, second... tenth glance, this make no sense.
    It should allow me to connect via Bluetooth and just use connection on ma phone or pc.. As it is now you need Internet on both devices.

Its nothing but a mirror feature of the phone.

For true full cross platform support, whatsapp isn't the best option.

Telegram is a better alternative.
    Currently: HP Touchsmart 14t
    SM-G935FD - S7 Edge dual sim: Android 7 Official
    The 3 C's in life: Choice, Chance, Change. You must make the Choice, to take the Chance, if you want anything in life to Change.

Supported versions:
    Mac OS X 10.9 and higher
    Windows 8 and higher (64-bit version)
    Windows 8 and higher (32-bit version)

Quote Originally Posted by Dre' View Post
    Its nothing but a mirror feature of the phone.

For true full cross platform support, whatsapp isn't the best option.

Telegram is a better alternative.
    Links are always welcome so that people can find the resources easier.

Comparison to WhatsApp -> https://beebom.com/telegram-vs-whatsapp-messenger/

Telegram Website -> https://telegram.org/