Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Multi-Monitor Setup

Default Multi-Monitor Setup

3x 4:3

OR

1x 4:3 + 1x widescreen

And would you recommend buying used monitors vs new?

IF you can get one high resolution monitor then you might not need 2. Its hard to find good quality monitors in jamaica. Nothing but HD crap.

Quote Originally Posted by owen View Post
    IF you can get one high resolution monitor then you might not need 2. Its hard to find good quality monitors in jamaica. Nothing but HD crap.
    I'd like to have 2.

Agreed, we don't have a great selection of monitors here,...that goes for most, if not all, hardware being sold in Jamaica. But, thats what I have to work with, for now. I'm thinking of getting a new widescreen and a used 4:3.

2 is always better than one. You do not have to minimize as much, best multitasking ever.

I have 3 and will not use any less.
    SLAPPA Phenom II AM3 Overclocking Essentials
    I HAVE HIGHEST OC ON TECHJA 4.2ghz
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    ps3 only advantage is bluray
    4890 oc roundup
    http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/0/skugpezz.png
    Mi know dem fear mi!!!!! Gigabyte 790x ud4p
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

Quote Originally Posted by pezz View Post
    2 is always better than one. You do not have to minimize as much, best multitasking ever.

I have 3 and will not use any less.
    Exactly right Mr. Pezz.

I'd love to have 3 as well, but mainly space constraints right now. And with Audley's new tax schemes...possible future JPS concerns as well. But will likely be going 3 in the near future.
    Last edited by slimalbert1; Mar 19, 2017 at 07:57 PM.

I have a 4:3 17" monitor right now but I want to go QHD with at least 1200 on the Y. I never have any windows maximised even with my small monitor. Unless i'm just doing 1 thing such as browsing the internet. I seached for a used 25" QHD monitor for a while but no one seems to be selling any used or new.

I have a 4:3 17" monitor right now but I want to go QHD with at least 1200 on the Y. I never have any windows maximised even with my small monitor. Unless i'm just doing 1 thing such as browsing the internet. I seached for a used 25" QHD monitor for a while but no one seems to be selling any used or new.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Acer-G257hu-...EAAOSwjDZYiBym
    SLAPPA Phenom II AM3 Overclocking Essentials
    I HAVE HIGHEST OC ON TECHJA 4.2ghz
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    ps3 only advantage is bluray
    4890 oc roundup
    http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/0/skugpezz.png
    Mi know dem fear mi!!!!! Gigabyte 790x ud4p
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

finding the monitor is one thing bringing it in is a whole other ball game. plus that monitor has like 1 port. buying a monitor that size you need at least 2 of each port plus the ability to do split screen. Thats one of the difficults I realised when looking for used stuff in Jamaica - everyone went for the cheapest thing they could find. Dell monitors seem to be a good mix of functionaly, check out the old Dell U2410F (no longer in production)

The Dell 2716D is good too but obviously less ports and they are more expensive. My current monitor I have been using for like 17 years and desparately needs a upgrade, I can't even adjust the brightness anymore but it works, lol

I have a 4:3 17" monitor right now but I want to go QHD with at least 1200 on the Y. ...
    You mean 1440 on the y, right?

... I never have any windows maximised even with my small monitor. Unless i'm just doing 1 thing such as browsing the internet. ...
    How do you do it?
    Except for Notepad and apps like Calc, Sticky Notes etc. ...any other small window will trigger my OCD with my 17" 4:3 monitor.

... I seached for a used 25" QHD monitor for a while but no one seems to be selling any used or new.
    Have you tried eBay, for used?