Thread: Samsung S5 (Restarting and Shutting off when less idle)

Default Samsung S5 (Restarting and Shutting off when less idle)

Yowww mi Techja Peeps

I have a 3 month old Samsung Galaxy S5....(I am not a Samsung fan).....anyways its my wife's handset that keeps restarting or shutting off whenever the phone is idle for a while and goes in power save mode.

I have reset and reinstall the OS and still happening any recommendations...I am thinking about bringing it to B Wireless in Sovereign...anyone knows it they are any good?

Shout me up...

jomo Guest

What carrier brand is it?

Maybe it's malware (lol did you put a stalker app in it haha) so you could always scan it

Could also be physical or maybe it's overheating, could also be the board

Not sure what store to recommend as my experience is all of them suck

Btw are you sure the phone was brand new and not refurbished? Did you buy it at digicel? Hehe

JOMO already asked the relevant questions, so all I can do is expand on them.

Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    What carrier brand is it?
    This will help to find if there's an issue with a specific model/firmware from a carrier.

Maybe it's malware (lol did you put a stalker app in it haha) so you could always scan it
    If this is the case you will have to do a full factory firmware flash. You mentioned before that you reinstalled the OS - how exactly did you do it?

Could also be physical or maybe it's overheating, could also be the board
    These are true. When idle is it charging when it happens?

Not sure what store to recommend as my experience is all of them suck
    Some stores are not bad, but have no experience with those so can't say.

Btw are you sure the phone was brand new and not refurbished? Did you buy it at digicel? Hehe
    Once we know this we can proceed.
    Knowing the solution doesn't mean knowing the method. Yet answering correctly and regurgitation are considered "learning" and "knowledge".

I got official OS from Sammobile and following the instructions to the T from XDA. A moderator had written the topic I followed the instructions from. The carrier was AT&T. And the handset was brand and unlocked.

When I mention idle: meaning a power source is not plugged into a power source, just put down while you are doing something else.

Contacted the stored overseas and they say I could return the handset, but not gonna travel to the US just to return a handset and don't have anyone travelling just now.

I used a multimeter to test for continuity and that's reading was good, I also took out the battery and shake to phone to hear if anything loose of slack.

I feel that the power or a component relating to the power key is slack..

I took it to Telecomm in Mall Plaza..Half Way Tree for further trouble shooting.

If they say you can send it in do it like so.

Send it REGISTERED MAIL using the local postal service. You will get a number that can be tracked with USPS.

Once they confirm they have it, ask it to be sent to your shipping address overseas as the return address.
    Knowing the solution doesn't mean knowing the method. Yet answering correctly and regurgitation are considered "learning" and "knowledge".