Thread: CamScanner - Scanner/Copier/PDF Creator application for your Smartphone

Thumbs up CamScanner - Scanner/Copier/PDF Creator application for your Smartphone

You've probably found yourself on the road and need to scan or copy a document urgently.
    You've probably found yourself at home with no scanner, no photocopier and need to submit a copy of your ID for an application.

These are just two (2) of many occasions where the CamScanner App comes in extremely handly. NO! Taking a photo with just your smartphone won't suffice.

CamScanner App turns either your phone or tablet into scanner/photocopier for intelligent document sharing or PDF creation. #CamScanner is available for both iOS and Android devices.

HERE'S THE APP IN ACTION:

What other productivity app would you recommend?
    Last edited by ray_tika; Jan 31, 2017 at 11:20 AM.

Knowing the solution doesn't mean knowing the method. Yet answering correctly and regurgitation are considered "learning" and "knowledge".

Quote Originally Posted by ray_tika View Post
    You've probably found yourself on the road and need to scan or copy a document urgently.
    You've probably found yourself at home with no scanner, no photocopier and need to submit a copy of your ID for an application.

These are just two (2) of many occasions where the CamScanner App comes in extremely handly. NO! Taking a photo with just your smartphone won't suffice.

CamScanner App turns either your phone or tablet into scanner/photocopier for intelligent document sharing or PDF creation. #CamScanner is available for both iOS and Android devices.

HERE'S THE APP IN ACTION:

What other productivity app would you recommend?

Just tested this app. One feature it has which TurboScan doesn't have is the OCR which is nice for certain situations. So - purchased. I'll test it out and see how it stacks up, but considering the 50 million downloads, it's probably better. I found TurboScan as a recommended app when looking for something for PDF scanning previously.

Two things about TurboScan - first it's a simple scan app. Doesn't have cloud support (which CamScanner seems to sell) and stores everything locally. It seems to give more options for manual edge setting on the page versus CamScanner - but I'm yet to compare for myself. I'm just going based on the review in the video. Second thing is the way that TurboScan does a triple shot for documents if you choose to. This is used if you want to ensure that the document comes out as close to perfect as possible. After some usage of CamScanner I'll come back with more details. But love the OCR.

*EDIT*
    So quick review shows the winner to be CamScanner.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...CamScanner.pdf
    vs
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/.../TurboScan.pdf

Both programs scan to PDF. TurboScan has the nice feature to take 3 photos and then use them to give a better quality final product. CamScanner has OCR and the ability to edit and re-crop a saved scan. The links show you the quality from the two programs. You can be the judge of the quality. IMO TurboScan with the triple shot gives better results, but the features available in CamScanner makes it the winner. If I need something very clear I can just use TurboScan. If I need OCR then it's CamScanner. There is also an output file size difference too. But that's my thoughts. Thanks to the OP for the info - kudos.
    Last edited by khat17; Feb 4, 2017 at 09:20 AM.
    Knowing the solution doesn't mean knowing the method. Yet answering correctly and regurgitation are considered "learning" and "knowledge".

Camscanner is a great app/tool. Used to use it for expenses and all - grabbed it when they were giving away premium upgrades years ago. Been awhile since i used it.