Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: ReadyTV Jamaica's newest wireless cable provider

@mega man can you setup directv caribbean also?

yes i can, but i currently dont have any receivers that does that encryption via server, which would make service cheaper, so if you have the original receiver i can set it up, its $39.99usd monthly though, this is for direct tv Caribbean regional which is controlled from trinidad, the service is very bad in terms of signal

HOWEVER- Dishnetwork carries all the channels except flow sports, hype tv and a few other caribbean stuff
    Last edited by mega man; Jun 24, 2017 at 09:59 AM.
    MY OWN HOUSE, CAR AND BUSINESS, LOVELY WIFE AND KIDS

@mega man

How is the signal during rain and how often do they send an ECM?

signal is pretty good especially if you have a 4ft dish or bigger, signal is way much better on sky-mexico than dishnet though, both are 100% better than direct-tv where the signal is crappy.

as for ecm(electronic counter measures for who dont understand) we dont worry over that anymore as its authenticated via server(receiver is always connected to the internet) so if there is an ecm the server does all the mods needed, back in the days we use to need to unloop and repair cards, we dont do that anymore, when u pay for a year it runs for a year.
    MY OWN HOUSE, CAR AND BUSINESS, LOVELY WIFE AND KIDS

Hello. Here's an interesting article on ReadyTV

http://geezam.com/readytv-local-merchants-800000/

They're aiming for some 800000 in their first year of operation with their prepaid options. Pretty cool

They have 10 channels of Free Cable TV as listed in this article

http://geezam.com/readytv-10-free-digital-tv-channels/

Very good service too

http://geezam.com/readytv-launches/
    Last edited by Arch_Angel; Jun 26, 2017 at 12:33 AM. Reason: merged multiple posts

@capybara you getting really spammy on us today, we frown on that here.

Anyone know what system they use..ATSC or DVB-T?

And if one if those then would u be able to pick it up on a car TV tuner?..I mean if a car tuner supports conditional access and can be authorized.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamlynx View Post
    Anyone know what system they use..ATSC or DVB-T?

And if one if those then would u be able to pick it up on a car TV tuner?..I mean if a car tuner supports conditional access and can be authorized.
    I think it could be DVB-T as that is what Flow uses on its network, and most of DISL (Ready TV) major vendors are from Europe. Jamaica is planning to go fully digital by 2021, and the Media Association of Jamaica is calling for the ATSC standard to be adopted for Jamaica. As well as allow each media house to choose which standard they want to use, seeing that both DVB-T and ATSC has major interoperability similarities. I am not sure about the car tuner, as the service is encrypted and cannot be accessed legally without the set top box. You would have to call them to get clarification on these major technical information.

Is there anyone in this forum with a ready tv that lives in the Linstead area?

So whats going on for this service? Anyone using it or have access and can give an update?
    MSI B350 Tomhawk | Ryzen 7 5700x | Cooler master hyper 212 evo heatsink | MSI gtx 1070 | Corsair 32gb DDR4 (3200Mhz) | Samsung 970 evo 1tb | Seagate 1tb + 500 gb | Dell 27 INCH-S2719DGF 2560x1440 144hz Monitor