Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: ReadyTV Jamaica's newest wireless cable provider

With a name like Ready TV them better make sure them Ready Ready Ready .. cause if they ain't people go beat them hardddd....
    ---
    Stay Connected,..

FaceBook | Twitter | Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by 876 View Post
    Well i purchased the box yesterday at gas station, registration via text was easy...however here is the biggest draw back lol.....i cant get not even 1% signal and am very close to hwt when i tested it on my friend tv. So i am yet to see how the service is.
    Is it working now? If not what is ReadyTV support saying, is it an issue with antenna placement? I see they are suggesting antenna extension to extend the antenna cable so you can get it higher by simply using a Female to Female Coax Cable Coupler and a length of coaxial cable for better signal reception. I might be wrong, but I suspect a powered antenna could help you and others with better signal reception

Also could you post some pictures of the unit, especially at the back so I can see the ports?

I also hate the apparent cell phone plan like pricing setup. Couldn't they have just let you just pick the single channels you like? For the hour by hour you actually watch? That would have been a much more interesting deal. I seriously only watch about 8 or 9 channels, that are usually spread over all the packages which is a serious thorn in my side.

Quote Originally Posted by 876 View Post
    Well i purchased the box yesterday at gas station, registration via text was easy...however here is the biggest draw back lol.....i cant get not even 1% signal and am very close to hwt when i tested it on my friend tv. So i am yet to see how the service is.
    When you getting it up and running, could you please post a picture of the box and its contents. As well as do a review of the service with pics?. I am interested in getting the service, but from what you are saying. This does not sound ready at all. I mean Half Way Tree should be blanketed with Ready Tvs signal.

The fact that they have so many options for antennas indicates that there will be challenges receiving signal.

PHONE: XR

I bought a box today and just finished setting it up but I have 0% signal ! I am in Norbrook, Kingston 8.

Quote Originally Posted by asgard View Post
    I bought a box today and just finished setting it up but I have 0% signal ! I am in Norbrook, Kingston 8.

Thank you so much for the pictures, this is cool. Really wanted to see what the box and contents is like. I am very much disappointing that they don;t have the entire Kingston and ST Andrew fully covered with their signal. They indicate on their website, that Kingston and ST Andrew, ST Catherine, Clarendon and parts of St Thomas and others have signal reach. Albeit not as strong as Portmore and the rest of ST Catherine. Did you call them, and let them Know that you have no signal?, also that tiny antenna is not going to work good. So I don't know why they included it into the package. Before they took you're money, and sold you the box. They should have checked and verified that the area you are in, is covered. Maybe it takes sometime for the service to set in, I remember hearing them saying that it takes up to 30mins for the channels to come on.

You need a high gain antenna for something like this to work out unless you are near a transmitting tower. As someone else said within the thread, the fact that they show external antennas on their site likely means that their are many instances where this may be required as it wasn't hidden down in "Accessories".

Quote Originally Posted by psilos View Post
    You need a high gain antenna for something like this to work out unless you are near a transmitting tower. As someone else said within the thread, the fact that they show external antennas on their site likely means that their are many instances where this may be required as it wasn't hidden down in "Accessories".
    I agree and that antenna looks really under sized, I doubt they would be able to even pickup CVM or TVJ with that. People have to prepare to invest in a powered antenna or get an out door antenna for better reception on their ready TV box.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan77791 View Post
    Thank you so much for the pictures, this is cool. Really wanted to see what the box and contents is like. I am very much disappointing that they don;t have the entire Kingston and ST Andrew fully covered with their signal. They indicate on their website, that Kingston and ST Andrew, ST Catherine, Clarendon and parts of St Thomas and others have signal reach. Albeit not as strong as Portmore and the rest of ST Catherine. Did you call them, and let them Know that you have no signal?, also that tiny antenna is not going to work good. So I don't know why they included it into the package. Before they took you're money, and sold you the box. They should have checked and verified that the area you are in, is covered. Maybe it takes sometime for the service to set in, I remember hearing them saying that it takes up to 30mins for the channels to come on.
    I've been trying to get through to customer service all day today and I just keep getting cut off, called about 12 times today. The boxes are actually being sold on the shelf at Tru Value in Manor Park so there is no rep there to answer any queries, etc. Now I have to be shopping for antennas. What do you guys think about no.7 on this list ? A seller has them on ebay open box for $8.

http://www.bestreviews.guide/ge-free-tv-antennas