Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: ReadyTV Jamaica's newest wireless cable provider

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAngel View Post
    I know technically there is no monthly fee, but Nathan gave the impression that there was some requirement to keep the account "active", it would be good to get the clarification from him on that. I suspect that's why fairmang opted to no longer get the service.
    Apologies for the confusion, I was making the recommendation based on how the mobile market operates. It's puzzling to me, how the company makes money. Without monthly subscription rates. Seeing that customers won't be buying passes all the time to subscribe to a particular channel or channels. I should have stated that I recommend, rather than saying it is a requirement. Sorry about this guy's, my sincere apologies.

Quote Originally Posted by Arch_Angel View Post
    Don't think you need to pay any monthly fee to access the free ReadyStart package that comes with the service.

"ReadyStart - LineUp! Once you set up your digital box and register you will immediately be able to access the 10 FREE channels without needing to add ReadyCredit. Your digital box will always have at least 10 free channels in ReadyStart for your viewing pleasure."

So once you bought your digital box, you should be able to watch the ReadyStart channels right off the bat, without paying anything more.

I don't have the service, just going by what their website says.
    If Nathan can clarify on this monthly fee to keep the service "active"...
    I should have said that I recommend, rather than saying it is a requirement. There is no requirement to pay any monthly subscription fee to keep a customer account active. I prematurely based this view, because of how mobile prepaid customers have to recharge monthly, before the expiration date is reached. My sincere apologies to Fairmang and all other members of this thread for the confusion and misinformation.

@Nathan Everything cool man, happy that was cleared up. I wouldn't be surprise if they implement something like that in the future, as you stated its not sustainable financially otherwise, I can tell you I intend to get the box too and I dont intend to buy any package unless I am forced to. So you might be on to something.
    Last edited by DarkAngel; Jul 16, 2018 at 12:11 PM.

@Nathan Everything cool man, happy that was cleared up. I wouldn't be surprise if they implement something like that in the future, as you stated its not sustainable financially otherwise, I can tell you I intend to get the box too and I dont intend to buy any package unless I am forced to. So you might be on to something.
    Kool, I'm thinking the samething. That's why I had said that a monthly top up is recommended to maintain an active account state. What if customers aren't buying channels as the company would like. What then?, I'm looking out for a change in business plan as well. Don't see this current business plan being sustainable.

Readytv new channel lineup with what appear to be some new packages:

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan77791 View Post
    Kool, I'm thinking the samething. That's why I had said that a monthly top up is recommended to maintain an active account state. What if customers aren't buying channels as the company would like. What then?, I'm looking out for a change in business plan as well. Don't see this current business plan being sustainable.
    Welll, well look on what I see on their facebook page, discussion on a "Keep Alive Fee" of $500/mth. It was only a matter of time:

" The $500 Keep Alive Fee is to keep your box active on the network. If you buy channel packages over the 30 day period that total up to $1500, your KAF is waived. It is your choice how you use your box. If you are not using it, you do not pay monthly. We are still the most affordable cable option as a customer can top up $150 a week and have enough money for the KAF with money left over. We understand that change is hard but we truly considered all our customers with this decision. We appreciate the feedback and hope we can make all our customers happy as we grow."

I am just not seeing the utility of these packages and this company in general. Why would anyone pay $2500 per month for standalone cable in the context of Digi Play triple play and/or an android box and a basic internet package?

Seems to me anyone who signs up for this is grossly uninformed. What a dismal channel line up too, simply pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Thy View Post
    I am just not seeing the utility of these packages and this company in general. Why would anyone pay $2500 per month for standalone cable in the context of Digi Play triple play and/or an android box and a basic internet package?

Seems to me anyone who signs up for this is grossly uninformed. What a dismal channel line up too, simply pathetic.
    Because Digi Play is not available everywhere? Not even in Kingston can I get DigiPlay. So maybe you're grossly uninformed on Digicel's availability.
    "The best software is the one that fits your needs." - A_A

Virus free since: date unknown
    Anti-virus free since: August 2008

On another issue all my TV HDMI and AV (RCA) ports are used by other devices and I don't want to disconnect them. Anyone able to successfully connect the Ready TV box to the TV via the RF out port? Years ago one would connect a typical cable box to the TV via this port and switch to channel 3, but for some reason this method is not working with the ReadyTV box, I only get signal when I use the HDMI and AV (RCA) ports.

On another issue all my TV HDMI and AV (RCA) ports are used by other devices and I don't want to disconnect them. Anyone able to successfully connect the Ready TV box to the TV via the RF out port? Years ago one would connect a typical cable box to the TV via this port and switch to channel 3, but for some reason this method is not working with the ReadyTV box, I only get signal when I use the HDMI and AV (RCA) ports.
    I know this is many months late. If I had to take a guess, they probably prefer HDMI for DRM reasons. Interesting that it still works with RCA cables. Is this the 3 AV cable (yellow, white, red) or component (RGB, white, red) setup when you say RCA?