Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: ReadyTV Jamaica's newest wireless cable provider

Hi guys

After the starter pack - 10 free channels included and purchase the OTA tuner box etc and a separately purchased antenna is bought, will you have to pay any monthly charges after?
    Also will these channels be in HD?

Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by fairmang View Post
    Hi guys

After the starter pack - 10 free channels included and purchase the OTA tuner box etc and a separately purchased antenna is bought, will you have to pay any monthly charges after?
    Also will these channels be in HD?

Thanks in advance.
    No The service is prepaid, so you don't pay a monthly charge. But it is required that you top up every month to keep the account active. Ready TV operates a Digital service, so the vast majority of the channels are HD. You can get more information on the ready TV website.

Ok thanks, so if I top up monthly with the minimum $100 that will keep the account going each month?
    Trying to get this service for my Aunt.
    Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan77791 View Post
    No The service is prepaid, so you don't pay a monthly charge. But it is required that you top up every month to keep the account active. Ready TV operates a Digital service, so the vast majority of the channels are HD. You can get more information on the ready TV website.

Ok thanks, so if I top up monthly with the minimum $100 that will keep the account going each month?
    Thanks again.
    Not exactly. Please see their website for all the info you need: https://readytv.com/how-to-buy/
    You need to buy a 1-day, 7-day or 30-day package.

These are the plans which have various channels associated with them: https://readytv.com/ready-packagesplans/

So you can buy a ReadySet plan 7 day package, and ReadyGo plan 7 day package.
    ReadySet 7 day: $900
    ReadyGo 7 day: $900

So you would top-up $1800 credit on your ReadyTV device, then select those packages.
    After 7 days you will need to top up another $1800 if you want another 7 days.
    "The best software is the one that fits your needs." - A_A

Virus free since: date unknown
    Anti-virus free since: August 2008

ok thanks. I don't think this will work for her then. I will just get her an external antenna for her to pick up whatever stations are available that way.
    Right now she is using an internal Antenna and the video for TVJ is crazy grainy
    Thanks again for your help.

Quote Originally Posted by Arch_Angel View Post
    Not exactly. Please see their website for all the info you need: https://readytv.com/how-to-buy/
    You need to buy a 1-day, 7-day or 30-day package.

These are the plans which have various channels associated with them: https://readytv.com/ready-packagesplans/

So you can buy a ReadySet plan 7 day package, and ReadyGo plan 7 day package.
    ReadySet 7 day: $900
    ReadyGo 7 day: $900

So you would top-up $1800 credit on your ReadyTV device, then select those packages.
    After 7 days you will need to top up another $1800 if you want another 7 days.

Honestly I didn't realize there was a requirement to keep your account "active" every month, but come to think of it there must be some string attached to getting the 10 free HD channels indefinitely. So do they shut down your account every 30/31 days if you dont buy one of their pkg or do they give a longer grace period? and if they deactivate do you have to pay some reactivation fee?

ok thanks. I don't think this will work for her then. I will just get her an external antenna for her to pick up whatever stations are available that way.
    Right now she is using an internal Antenna and the video for TVJ is crazy grainy
    Thanks again for your help.
    From what was said above it should also hold true that $150 minimum per month for the cheapest pkg, the one day ReadySet, should keep her account "active" every month, someone correct me if I am wrong. A $150 per month doesn't seem too bad a deal if you only want to get her the local channels in HD.
    Last edited by DarkAngel; Jul 15, 2018 at 03:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAngel View Post
    Honestly I didn't realize there was a requirement to keep your account "active" every month, but come to think of it there must be some string attached to getting the 10 free HD channels indefinitely. So do they shut down your account every 30/31 days if you dont buy one of their pkg or do they give a longer grace period? and if they deactivate do you have to pay some reactivation fee?
    Don't think you need to pay any monthly fee to access the free ReadyStart package that comes with the service.

"ReadyStart - LineUp! Once you set up your digital box and register you will immediately be able to access the 10 FREE channels without needing to add ReadyCredit. Your digital box will always have at least 10 free channels in ReadyStart for your viewing pleasure."

So once you bought your digital box, you should be able to watch the ReadyStart channels right off the bat, without paying anything more.

I don't have the service, just going by what their website says.
    If Nathan can clarify on this monthly fee to keep the service "active"...
    "The best software is the one that fits your needs." - A_A

Virus free since: date unknown
    Anti-virus free since: August 2008

Don't think you need to pay any monthly fee to access the free ReadyStart package that comes with the service.
    I know technically there is no monthly fee, but Nathan gave the impression that there was some requirement to keep the account "active", it would be good to get the clarification from him on that. I suspect that's why fairmang opted to no longer get the service.

Got this response back from ReadyTV....
    Hi Garth,

With the purchase of the starter kit (box), antenna and 25FT cable, you will always have access to readyStart. There will be no additional charges and all channels are in HD.

Thanks.

Thanks again.
    Please be advised that this is not necessarily a requirement from the companies end. But my speculation, based on the operation of the Mobile network business. I apologize for the confusion. You can purchase the box and accessories, and then choose the package you want for your Aunt.