Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 83

Thread: ReadyTV Jamaica's newest wireless cable provider

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    5
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Thanks..
    I just found this one...

    http://www.addictootech.com/basis-operations-ready-tv/

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    162
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Last edited by Arch_Angel; May 15, 2017 at 07:45 PM. Reason: merged multiple posts
    PHONE: ONE PLUS 2
    COMPUTER: APPLE MACBOOK PRO 13'' W/ RETINA DISPLAY
    TABLET: APPLE IPAD MINI 3

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    1,896
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    "READY TV is set to launch in Kingston and Portmore in June, with a broader cross section of the island expected to receive coverage by December 2017. "
    Yet another launch date, hope its June 2017.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    1,896
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Another revealing piece of news is that the platform will also offer more than 10 channels free of charge, guaranteeing all box owners their own regularly accessible content without topping up.
    ..The free channels include local favourites CVM TV, Business Access television and RETV.”
    Though TVJ is conspicuously absent form the abbreviated list, I'm impressed nonetheless. I totally agree with this move, I for a long time held the view that local free to air channels should be totally free over cable TV as well, even without a paid subscription. I'm pleased that ReadyTv is taking this first step and for them to be adding other channels as brawta to the mix is more than welcomed, although I have doubts about the sustainability of giving away those none FTA channels for free.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    162
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    PHONE: ONE PLUS 2
    COMPUTER: APPLE MACBOOK PRO 13'' W/ RETINA DISPLAY
    TABLET: APPLE IPAD MINI 3

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    314
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BountyKilla View Post
    Ready TV launches today according to the gleaner

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    7
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Has anyone on here seen the service yet or been a part of early trials ?

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    314
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lyod View Post
    Has anyone on here seen the service yet or been a part of early trials ?
    Well what we know so far is it launches today...their facebook page is https://www.facebook.com/ReadyTVJA

    and it cost 4500 and u get 10 or more free channels i think not sure but they have prepaid 1 day,7 day and 30 days

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    342
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 876 View Post
    Well what we know so far is it launches today...their facebook page is https://www.facebook.com/ReadyTVJA

    and it cost 4500 and u get 10 or more free channels i think not sure but they have prepaid 1 day,7 day and 30 days
    The price sound expensive why would I get this over Digicel play triple play+android box? Or even Flow bundle+android box?

    Especially launching in a city like Portmore they should have come into the market with a price point not exceeding $2500 or sought to become a triple play provider.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    1,896
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thy View Post
    The price sound expensive why would I get this over Digicel play triple play+android box? Or even Flow bundle+android box?

    Especially launching in a city like Portmore they should have come into the market with a price point not exceeding $2500 or sought to become a triple play provider.
    As I understand it, the $4,500 is the onetime cost for the box, I have yet to see the price for the service.
    Gleaner
    Dehring indicated that the cable unit will cost $4,500 and that the service comes with 10 free channels - eight local and two overseas. Subscribers may pay to access up to 74 channels. The channel count is expected to rise in the coming months.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •