Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: AMD Ryzen I am getting it!!!!

Those things happen all the time. Nothing new.
    Current Android - OnePlus 7T Pro
    PC Specs - Motherboard: Asus PRIME B560-PLUS | Processor: Intel Core i5-11600K (stock) | Memory: 32 gigs Corsair Vengeance DDR4@3200mhz | Video Card: ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4070 (OC Edition) | Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming 27" 2K Monitor | Steam ID -> Powpow

Well, seeing the 1700X for $399 on Amazon now while the 7700K is going for $348. Break down is though that if your mostly gaming then the 7700K is better right now because most PC games right now were optimized for intel chips and also it overclocks much better. But if you need the extra cores for gaming while streaming and other multitasking tasks, then Ryzen is the choice as they will iron out the issues it has now overtime:

Video showing a fair comparison of 1700X vs 7700K in games:

PC Specs - Motherboard: Asus PRIME B560-PLUS | Processor: Intel Core i5-11600K (stock) | Memory: 32 gigs Corsair Vengeance DDR4@3200mhz | Video Card: ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4070 (OC Edition) | Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming 27" 2K Monitor | Steam ID -> Powpow

Something looks curious here. I will have to do deep research and get back.

Why is CPU utilization so low?

Even GPU utilization is less than 90+% when the CPU is not bottle-necked.

Are games not prioritized by the OS?

Another point that first comes to mind is that more cores does not necessarily mean more performance. It depends on the implementation. In layman's terms, having a job to be done by 4 people may not necessarily be done faster if a hundred people are trying to do the same job. This is something I would have to research on how the OS handles a multi threaded app. Optimization could be needed on the software side.

Is it possible for additional features to kill an app if the app is not aware of the features? Especially if the features, multi-thread support, are not done efficiently?

At the CPU utilization, less than 50%, it may be possible to run background tasks and still play a game with the same bench results.
    Let's act on what we agree on now, and argue later on what we don't.
    Black men leave Barbeque alone if Barbeque don't trouble you

Bios update???

CPU driver update??? Win 10? Win 8?

App implementation update??? AMD said that they will be working with developers.

Quote Originally Posted by crosswire View Post
    Bios update???

CPU driver update??? Win 10? Win 8?

App implementation update??? AMD said that they will be working with developers.
    These are things they should have done before release though. But I guess they had a deadline as with most companies these days since 2014/15 .

Quote Originally Posted by crosswire View Post
    Fair comparison of what? You game in 720p?
    SLAPPA Phenom II AM3 Overclocking Essentials
    I HAVE HIGHEST OC ON TECHJA 4.2ghz
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    ps3 only advantage is bluray
    4890 oc roundup
    http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/0/skugpezz.png
    Mi know dem fear mi!!!!! Gigabyte 790x ud4p
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

I think this is a more balance look at what AMD is doing with this new CPU. I think we can ignore the issue with gaming benchmarks. Once drivers come out to improve the scheduler in windows things will be much better all around.

AMD Phenom II X4 960T Zosma @ 4GHz | Thermalright Ultima 90 CPU cooler | GIGBABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P | Sapphire 6950 unlocked | 6Gb Gskill RAM | 1.5TB total HD | Dell U2412M IPS Monitor | Zalman 750W PSU | LENOVO SL500

Quote Originally Posted by BNOVA View Post
    I think this is a more balance look at what AMD is doing with this new CPU. I think we can ignore the issue with gaming benchmarks. Once drivers come out to improve the scheduler in windows things will be much better all around.
    I do not think there is any issue. AMD marketed this as a mainstream workstation CPU and they delivered just that.
    SLAPPA Phenom II AM3 Overclocking Essentials
    I HAVE HIGHEST OC ON TECHJA 4.2ghz
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    ps3 only advantage is bluray
    4890 oc roundup
    http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/0/skugpezz.png
    Mi know dem fear mi!!!!! Gigabyte 790x ud4p
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

I think there is an issue just that it is very small and expected with a new processor much less a new architecture. Nothing that should prevent someone from buying it. By the time BIOS and micro code is upgraded we will be even more impressed by Ryzen.

AMD has always been engineers at heart and this platform is set improve with age just like their GPUs. The AM4 platform is good for the next 4 years and all processors released in the future should work with motherboards released today.
    AMD Phenom II X4 960T Zosma @ 4GHz | Thermalright Ultima 90 CPU cooler | GIGBABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P | Sapphire 6950 unlocked | 6Gb Gskill RAM | 1.5TB total HD | Dell U2412M IPS Monitor | Zalman 750W PSU | LENOVO SL500