Thread: Power Rangers Obsession

wii.live07 Guest

Default Power Rangers Obsession

I am a 33 year old Jamaican man and I have been a fan of Power Rangers since my trip to Florida in 1994. I am hooked, even when the costumes are crappy and the arsenal are not that good. I stopped watching on and off and now a brand new set of rangers have come into a brand new season as it does every year. I am watching this new season and the last two. Power Rangers was the first website I've ever built and I made blogs also.

Should I still be watching after roughly 23 years or should I grow up and be a man and let it go. I've tried, but can't escape. What should be my new hobby that I can do so without having to tell my friends that I'm still into? Blogging about celebrities, Star Trek, Star Wars, Video editing? I'm still in need of a filler that Power Rangers took from me for decades and I want something that I can appreciate. Who here is a Manchester United and Arsenal fan? Anyone into local football, tennis, badminton or any other Jamaican sports. No cricket please!

I failed grade nine back in high school and and I'm need of something fresh. Celebrities, Sports, Technology, Current Affairs, Movies, Sex and Sexuality, Cooking. I've never seen a Star Wars movie in its entirety and the only Star Trek movie I've seen fully aside from Star Trek: Generations, but I have seen Voyager and The Next Generation, not fully but to a great extent. What should I do top blog about or be interested enough about to watching or be into as my hobby. Please put up your suggestions a to what I should do/blog, it can be one thing or 5 things. Just put forward somethings.

Come on people. Encourage me here. I'm in need of dire assistance.

You maybe stressing on this blog thing far too much bordering on burning yourself out. watch this; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wjXJL6ZwLk

Quote Originally Posted by owen View Post
    You maybe stressing on this blog thing far too much bordering on burning yourself out. watch this; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wjXJL6ZwLk
    ... or he could move on to something more productive, since it is patently obvious this "blogging" thing isn't working out.

@OP
    You're asking for advice about a path you have been on for 3+ years, a path you yourself know is not working out. Do you personally know 20 people in your age group that share your interest in Power Rangers? What do you estimate is the size of the audience in Jamaica that share any 1 specific interest that you do?

Leave the blogging thing lone, it won't work out (i.e, it is not financially feasible) in Jamaica.

The only thing you mention that my experiences tell me may work out, is Video Editing. There are food bloggers that will pay $200 USD to cut down 1hr of video footage to a 30-60s video for Facebook. You need to find the right FB groups or sub-reddits.

Also, try looking in larger forums for bloggers such as /r/blogging for ideas, advice or clients.
    1.8 Ghz Pentium 4 (OC'd.) / Intel P4 (478) Motherboard / 800MHz DDR / 256 Mb DDR RAM / 40GB Seagate / RIVA TNT2 Pro 32MB / 24X12X24 Sony CDRW+ / 18" View Sonic CRT / Windows ME Yes it will play Doom... i plan on trying Crysis 3 one of these days.