Thread: Samsung Announces What Caused the Galaxy Note 7 Fires

Default Samsung Announces What Caused the Galaxy Note 7 Fires

Samsung Electronics said Monday that problems with the design and manufacturing of batteries in its Galaxy Note 7 smartphones caused them to overheat and burst into fire.

The announcement of results from the company’s investigation into one of its worst product fiascos comes three months after the flagship phone was discontinued.

Seven-hundred researchers and engineers tested more than 200,000 devices and more than 30,000 batteries and replicated what happened with the Note 7 phones, the world’s biggest smartphone maker said in a statement.

Samsung faulted design and manufacturing errors in two different battery types by two different manufacturers.

A highly technical explanation of the various problems boiled down to the relatively large batteries not fitting well into the phones, and not enough insulating material inside.
    http://time.com/4642838/samsung-gala.../?xid=homepage
    ---
    Stay Connected,..

FaceBook | Twitter | Instagram

jomo Guest

If Samsung had stopped selling the note 7 from the first few fires they'd be in a much better place

Instead they stalled and gave replacements that still caught fire...

I still use them religeously though, have 2 right now

I want a replacement for my s6 edge plus, at least the same size with microsd, the c9 pro looks good and I think the j7 prime, but I know I'd rather a s7 edge it's just the size I can't deal with

I hope Samsung owns with the s8.... I the competition sucks , still sucks rather, lol