Thread: Flow AVS vs Digicel Play - most advanced feature wise?

Default Flow AVS vs Digicel Play - most advanced feature wise?

Currently on Flow AVS, seen but have no hands on experience with Digicel Play, how would you rate Digi Play cable features compared to Flow AVS? Looking into transitioning over to Digi next year if I can find a good lower cost triple play package.

I am also thinking of moving over to Digi. So far my hands on with Digi is limited but this is what I have found so far:
    1. On FLOW, I can't rewind or pause a program without doing a "start program from beginning" first. On Digi all I had to do was press rewind or pause whenever.
    2. On FLOW, I can't see when a program is new in the program guide. All new programs on Digi are labeled as new in the program guide.
    3. Digi Play picture seems much sharper. I realize that they are 1080p and FLOW is 720p.
    4. Digi internet speed seems much faster. I had all users in my house at a Digi house one weekend and we found the net much faster doing what we normally do on FLOW. Youtube, Netflix, social media, research etc.

Looking forward to more responses..

Quote Originally Posted by king View Post
    1. On FLOW, I can't rewind or pause a program without doing a "start program from beginning" first. On Digi all I had to do was press rewind or pause whenever.
    3. Digi Play picture seems much sharper. I realize that they are 1080p and FLOW is 720p.
    1. With the Flow box you need to have a flash drive in it to do that...
    2. I doubt Flow or Digi send out 1080p ... they both would send out 1080i best case...

Flow does have 1080i channels... BBC and CNN for example is 1080i, even CVM news seems to be 1080i
    ---
    Stay Connected,..

FaceBook | Twitter | Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by GPRS Internet View Post
    1. With the Flow box you need to have a flash drive in it to do that...
    2. I doubt Flow or Digi send out 1080p ... they both would send out 1080i best case...

Flow does have 1080i channels... BBC and CNN for example is 1080i, even CVM news seems to be 1080i
    CVM says they are using 720p, that's what the person whom I spoke to in the engineering department told me. Also, as of midnight 12:00AM to 4:00AM CVM will be going off air nationwide. I sawed the advisory, a short while ago. I have no idea why they are doing this, it seems major.

I'm watching CVM news on a 65" and trust me, it looks like 1080i ... if it really is 720p then damn..

Quote Originally Posted by GPRS Internet View Post
    I'm watching CVM news on a 65" and trust me, it looks like 1080i ... if it really is 720p then damn..
    I dont think anyone at CVM knows whats going on. I believe you though, the quality on the news and on Live @ 7 seems way higher than 720p.

Quote Originally Posted by king View Post
    I am also thinking of moving over to Digi. So far my hands on with Digi is limited but this is what I have found so far:
    2. On FLOW, I can't see when a program is new in the program guide. All new programs on Digi are labeled as new in the program guide.
    4. Digi internet speed seems much faster. I had all users in my house at a Digi house one weekend and we found the net much faster doing what we normally do on FLOW. Youtube, Netflix, social media, research etc.

Looking forward to more responses..
    Thanks for that.
    After reviewing features on Digicel website if seem the digicel play has some more features including instant replay and picture in picture, however unlike Flow no free PVR, have to pay extra PVR200 (200 hours storage)- $1,165.00 inclusive of GCT, PVR50 (50 hours storage) - $582.50 inclusive of GCT. item 2 on your list was a feature I missed having.

Does DigiPlay have a timer feature to automatically switch to a channel at a set time (weekly, daily)? I used that feature on the legacy Flow system to switch to TVJ 7pm news every week day, no longer available on AVS

Digi prices seem higher compared to similar packages offered by Flow.

The replay on Flow dont always work as you would think, the rewind even with the flash drive in only goes back to the time you switch to the channel, so if you change channel now you can go back say 10 minutes into the broadcast unless you replay from start.
    Last edited by DarkAngel; Dec 16, 2016 at 07:00 PM.

The remind me feature is still on Flow AVS... only thing it doesn't auto switch to the program, you get a popup and it asks if you want to switch..