Thread: Netflix Will Now Let You Download Shows To Watch Offline

Default Netflix Will Now Let You Download Shows To Watch Offline

Netflix is adding the ability to download certain shows and movies so they can be watched later without an Internet connection, the company announced on Wednesday.

The feature will begin rolling out immediately via an app update for iOS and Android devices. After updating to the most recent version of the Netflix app, users should see a download icon on the details page for some shows and films.
    I wonder thou how they gonna prevent high levels of Piracy now ??

http://time.com/4585951/netflix-down.../?xid=homepage
    Last edited by GPRS Internet; Nov 30, 2016 at 11:27 AM.
    ---
    Stay Connected,..

FaceBook | Twitter | Instagram

Have you tried it? It's possible you may have to watch it in app or something
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    You assume all risk for your use. © 2006 Cloud Solutions. All rights reserved.

Yea.. it's in app.. just thinking somebody will find ways to ripp out the content.

Nice feature, glad they added it.

I haven't tried it yet so not sure if it's limited to a device or account. I suspect that the downloaded content with be highly encrypted with the "only" decryption method being via the app instance + device + login credentials.
    Team Leader
    TechJamaica.com

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Nice feature, glad they added it.

I haven't tried it yet so not sure if it's limited to a device or account. I suspect that the downloaded content with be highly encrypted with the "only" decryption method being via the app instance + device + login credentials.
    Yea.. but that file gonna be stored somewhere on your device.. no matter how encrypted it is them dudes will decrypt it without even trying..

Torrenting movies not really hard tho so it would just have to be for the fun of it. Dunno background processes but I figure the movie may be formatted in a proprietary format still. Did the update and saw the option, cool feature tho I haven't used netflix in couple yrs
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    You assume all risk for your use. © 2006 Cloud Solutions. All rights reserved.