Thread: Graphics card will not display video to monitor

Question Graphics card will not display video to monitor

I have a gaming PC with a Gigabyte GV-R795WF3-3GD Graphics Card that has been working good for a year but since week i turn on my PC and my monitor was blank (no display). Onboard graphics on the motherboard works fine when i remove the graphics card but Whenever the graphics card is in the PC and i power on the system i don't get a POST beep but i can hear the hard drive, CPU and fans spinning while its on.

At first i thought it was a power issue so i removed my old power supply and installed a higher wattage fully working PSU to see if the graphics card would come up but it did not work. I tried a different graphics card that didn't require any 6/8 pin for additional power from the PSU in the same slot and it worked OK, i finally got video display on the monitor.

I am trying to figure out if my original graphics card is dead or if the Motherboard or PCie slot is at fault here, i am unable to find a similar PC to test the Graphics card on if it will work based on how big the graphics card is and most PC nowadays are small form factor. I would appreciate some feedback or help to see if i can resolve this issue.
    Last edited by TALLIS; Nov 23, 2016 at 12:25 PM.

First thing I'd tell you to do is try different display output options. If your board has multiple 16x PCI-E slots then try another slot and see. Try in a friend's PC to be sure. It could just be that particular output, but if you get nothing then it may be the card. Also - can check the DVI converter if you're using one. That may go bad as well.
    Knowing the solution doesn't mean knowing the method. Yet answering correctly and regurgitation are considered "learning" and "knowledge".

Thanks for your input but none of my friends have a computer to accommodate the graphics card, I can hardly find a (tower) full size PC, most computers nowadays are small form factor and will not work. If anyone in the forums has one (tower PC) and can help me out i would really appreciate it.

Also only one (1) PCIe slot is in the current PC (bummer)!
    The DVI converter i used is good i used it recently on another PC but I will try another one and see if i get any new results.

Bless
    Last edited by TALLIS; Nov 24, 2016 at 10:52 AM.

I have a machine but I assume ur located in kgn? I'm on the western side of the island.
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    You assume all risk for your use. © 2006 Cloud Solutions. All rights reserved.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud View Post
    I have a machine but I assume ur located in kgn? I'm on the western side of the island.
    Oooh OK.
    Yeah your right, I'm located in and around Kgn, western side would be a very long stretch.
    Bless
    Last edited by TALLIS; Nov 24, 2016 at 12:53 PM.

I'll PM you. But not in Kingston. Someone here may be able to help though.
    Knowing the solution doesn't mean knowing the method. Yet answering correctly and regurgitation are considered "learning" and "knowledge".

Quote Originally Posted by khat17 View Post
    I'll PM you. But not in Kingston. Someone here may be able to help though.
    PM received.. OK kool

So - unfortunately - based on the location we can't link. Anyone willing to help him out from the Kingston/Portmore/Spanish Town area?