Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Digicel Tek Wi Fi Fool?!

Default Digicel Tek Wi Fi Fool?!

The above images show speed tests done using 3 different servers, Flow, Comcast in Miami and Digicel's own server. I noticed downloading files was taking longer than usual and rebooted my router and had the same results, did speed tests and these were my findings. Why is EVER other server showing abysmal speeds while Digicel's is showing such a marvelous result?

Dem tek big man fi fowl?!
    Google Nexus 6P™

Yo .. I just notice this same thing from Spanish town side, WTF??

Anything out of the island sucks... speeds to flow, lime etc are faster than normal.

Fast.com is reporting 50Mbits/s on my 25Mbit connection... Maybe Netflix has a CDN in jamaica.
    Workstation: MacPro Server: HP Proliant ML10v2 with TrueNAS 12.0 Core

Did you know that Digicel Fibre has to go through Flow connection to go outside of the island.

At least that was the last information we know of. As digicel doesn't have any underwater cabling going out of jamaica.

The main connection to Florida is Colombia-Florida Subsea Fiber (CFX-1) which is owned by C&W.

In fact all underwater cable connections leaving Jamaica except ALBA-1 is owned by Cable and Wireless.

ALBA-1 is owned by Transbit, Telecom Venezuela
    Currently: HP Touchsmart 14t
    SM-G935FD - S7 Edge dual sim: Android 7 Official
    The 3 C's in life: Choice, Chance, Change. You must make the Choice, to take the Chance, if you want anything in life to Change.

I also noticed that the speeds increased on the 25 megs package indeed. In fact I have notice even FLOW speeds increasing for most people as well. I guess these providers have silently increased the speed and just assuring that u will get the minimum paid for and not cap it as that...
    I also don't think digiplay internet is stable as many times even in Oaklands apartments the internet and cable pauses for a few seconds randomly esp in the hours at nights. Browsing and page stuck or latency issues on the tv sound faster than picture and all kinda stuff. Sad to say FLOW internet is more reliable and most issues can be solved by asking them to change the modem u used.
    Last edited by 876; Nov 22, 2016 at 09:51 AM.

All of the tests are always better on the servers here. Always. Do a test on testmy.net -> http://dallas4.testmy.net/SmarTest/combinedAuto

Think I'm supposed to be on 25Mb.
    Last edited by khat17; Nov 22, 2016 at 04:44 PM.
    Knowing the solution doesn't mean knowing the method. Yet answering correctly and regurgitation are considered "learning" and "knowledge".

Quote Originally Posted by khat17 View Post
    All of the tests are always better on the servers here. Always. Do a test on testmy.net -> http://dallas4.testmy.net/SmarTest/combinedAuto

Think I'm supposed to be on 25Mb.

I am supposed to be on 25 as well, Just ran your testmy.net and got this :

Download :: 48.3 Mbps 6 MB/s up arrow Upload :: 10.7 Mbps 1.3 MB/s

Christmas Promotion would explain the double bandwidth.
    #Get Gifted

Quote Originally Posted by psilos View Post
    Christmas Promotion would explain the double bandwidth.
    #Get Gifted

Looks like you have solved the mystery!

I did realize that using the digicel server on speed tests gives much higher speed than on other servers but I'm able to stream 4k videos without buffering and play online games without issue so i can't really complain. And I'm living all the way up in the bushes of St.Andrew lol

Quote Originally Posted by Rx View Post
    Looks like you have solved the mystery!

Wow I called digicel and they actually confirmed that all internet subscribers get double the amount of speeds till January 18 2017.

That is beautiful to say the least. I must say that digicel listens and is very very responsive.
    Last edited by 876; Nov 23, 2016 at 01:06 AM.