Thread: ReadyTV on Target For 2017 Launch

Default ReadyTV on Target For 2017 Launch

The countdown has begun for a new Jamaican digital cable company which promises to offer first-class service and affordable packages to its customers.

ReadyTV, which is owned and operated by Jamaicans, has commissioned its first broadcast tower as the company prepares to create an ideal cable option for the average Jamaican. The company said it plans to deliver the programming that subscribers prefer to watch.

According to Christopher Dehring, CEO and president of Digital Interactive Services Limited (DISL), owners of ReadyTV, phase one of the company's objectives, which included fundraising efforts led by Mayberry Investments Limited in June, and the commissioning of the tower, has been completed.

"It is cable television when you are ready and it is easy to use. Customers can go into a store, purchase a box and connect it to their television and begin viewing right away. It is wireless with instant connection, so customers do not have to wait weeks to be able to access authorised programming for cable television broadcasting in Jamaica," Dehring said.

He added that once ReadyTV establishes itself, the company might start offering other services such as data and communications.
    http://jamaica-gleaner.com/article/n...et-2017-launch
    ---
    Stay Connected,..

FaceBook | Twitter | Instagram

Didn't realize Ready TV was going to be all wireless, now Im concern about signal reliability... With that said, in the face of the already established strong competition and the rapid decline in relevance of cable TV in the life of many young people, especially us techies as we cut the cord, its going to be a hard sell for Ready Tv. They need to include data services quickly and make sure they they achieve that blend of good channels at low prices at the start to have any chance.
    Wish them all the best, as more competition is always good for consumers.

Out of curiosity I ran a channel scan on a LCD TV with a regular antennae (the TV has a digital tuner), to my surprise the TV is picking up 4 digital channels (3-1,3-2,3-3,3-4). The signal is LOW so it's not showing anything. The TV was tested in the HWT area BTW. This is kinda exciting still.
    My Speakers Can't Live If The SubWoofer Doesn't Breathe -Gary Lawrence
    http://www.youtube.com/GaryLawrence0
    http://www.reverbnation.com/garylawrence
    http://www.online.com.jm

Quote Originally Posted by Gnostic View Post
    Out of curiosity I ran a channel scan on a LCD TV with a regular antennae (the TV has a digital tuner), to my surprise the TV is picking up 4 digital channels (3-1,3-2,3-3,3-4). The signal is LOW so it's not showing anything. The TV was tested in the HWT area BTW. This is kinda exciting still.
    Guessing you would need their Cable box before you'd see the channels...
    ---
    Stay Connected,..

Once this Ready TV becomes a reality then it will surely mark the end of LIME/FLOW/Digiplay and all the others. Certainly it will mark the end of the smaller logic one and company. The question is, is this two way tv? Will it support on demand features? Or just plain tv? I wouldnt see the reason for having FLOW after this honestly. Especially with knowing that i could take my cable box and use it anywhere i please. FLOW on the other hand lock down my box the moment i try using it at my other house. SMH time to wipe these uncaring companies out the water. So arrogant with their constant complaints of vandalism when all they need to do is go get insurance or get advance surveillance systems,partner with the government ,build out cctv where u can watch major points.

Anyone knows the technology they'll be using?
    MSI GE62VR Apache Pro ||| Sn10 OP5T Powered by Digicel & Flow

Quote Originally Posted by Gnostic View Post
    I wonder if the channels you picking up is CVM? I recently see CVM listed on Flow as CVM HD

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAngel View Post
    I wonder if the channels you picking up is CVM? I recently see CVM listed on Flow as CVM HD
    Yea... CVM gone HD now..
    http://www.techjamaica.com/forums/sh...925#post796925
    ---
    Stay Connected,..

How much does this service cost?
    I have been streaming everything including live tv chanells for almost 2 years now.

So far I do not have an issue. Live free sports stream quality is normally bad otherwise the stream quality is acceptable (some HD and some SD).

I can also pay $25 usd per month for Live HD streams if i want. I just like the no hassle and not dealing with cable companies.
    SLAPPA Phenom II AM3 Overclocking Essentials
    I HAVE HIGHEST OC ON TECHJA 4.2ghz
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    ps3 only advantage is bluray
    4890 oc roundup
    http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/0/skugpezz.png
    Mi know dem fear mi!!!!! Gigabyte 790x ud4p
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality