Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Nintendo NX -Nintendo Switch

I mean... the Wii U sold out on day 1, too, just saying. All I want from Nintendo is Metroid and they refuse to give it to me.
    No one expects the Inquisition.

Quote Originally Posted by Makkah View Post
    I mean... the Wii U sold out on day 1, too, just saying. All I want from Nintendo is Metroid and they refuse to give it to me.
    true, true. I started replaying MP3 on hyper difficulty but it got lost somewhere in my backlog. sadly metroid games don't have as much legs as mario kart games in terms of sales. Are you talking about 3d metroid games or 2d? if its 2d metroid there is a fan game that was made last year that is pretty good (but illegal) if you can find a download.
    Last edited by owen; Feb 15, 2017 at 06:36 PM.

The Metroid 2 remake? Yeah, I have it. I prefer 2D, but I wouldn't mind 3D though. Especially if they go third person, since it would make platforming better.

Ok got my Switch yesterday along with Zelda...........not impressed really. Whoever reading this and planning on getting a switch especially if you are a PC gamer do not under any circumstance attach this to a 1080P or higher display. Zelda runs at 900P without antialiasing and the game looks absolutely dreadful. Looks awesome in handheld mode those.
    Live Well, Love Much, Laugh Often -Anonymous.......

^ what I don't like is the 30fps crap for the sake of prettiness. but I am not sorry for you and you 4k tv. lol

Actually, from what I understand, this game does a lot of wonderful things with physics, which may be a bigger contributing factor to the 30FPS cap. That and the fact that it's open world. The greatest thing about the game though is how open it is. In fact, with enough determination, you can enter the final area within 30 minutes or so.

30fps is always sign of weakness but sacrifices had to be made I guess. I would have prefered they dropped the whole mobile aspect and stuck with a pure console approach.

I think the console is a year or so too early. They should have waited until they could afford a newer manufacturing process so that a more powerful chip could be in the system. If Nintendo can't get the console to do 1080p with first party titles, I doubt many 3rd titles will reach that as well.
    AMD Phenom II X4 960T Zosma @ 4GHz | Thermalright Ultima 90 CPU cooler | GIGBABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P | Sapphire 6950 unlocked | 6Gb Gskill RAM | 1.5TB total HD | Dell U2412M IPS Monitor | Zalman 750W PSU | LENOVO SL500

It's a never ending chase if they wait a year then the PS5 will drop or the xbox2. Plus Nvidia is making the chips. Nintendo got money but I don't think they could sell a 1000$ console with the lastest tech like how iphone does it.

I know Nvidia made the chips and they have a more powerful version of the chip used in the Switch available but Nintendo choose not to use it. Maybe it ran too hot or it is too expensive, I am not sure but I think it was twice as powerful .
    However, I think Nintendo should have used it to future proof the system a bit and take a hit on the price of the console. Unfortunately Nintendo doesn't ever make a loss on the console hence why most reviewers are saying the console is good but too pricey for what it is and buyers should wait.

The system is setting sales records for Nintendo in a number of markets. But I fear this system might be Wii 2.0. A high amount of units sold but not a high number of attachment rate when it comes to games. Besides Zelda and that other game, there are not many other games scheduled to be out soon. Even 1st Party Games like Mario will be out late much less 3rd party games and how much developers will support it seeing that they cannot hit 1080p in dock mode. The games are about $10 more expensive than the PS4, XBONE equivalent ( I guess the Flash Medium is expensive), accessories are pricey ( $70 - $80 for the pro controller ). These things can just rub some people the wrong way.

All in all the system is quite innovative and if they get the third party support and not mess up the online eco system it will do well
    AMD Phenom II X4 960T Zosma @ 4GHz | Thermalright Ultima 90 CPU cooler | GIGBABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P | Sapphire 6950 unlocked | 6Gb Gskill RAM | 1.5TB total HD | Dell U2412M IPS Monitor | Zalman 750W PSU | LENOVO SL500