Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Nintendo NX -Nintendo Switch

Unless they are doing some secret vodo magic hardware I do not see it happening. My speculation is that when you un-dock the switch it goes into a low power/low graphics mode where it starts rendering less detail (which you wont be able to tell on that small screen). Almost like how when you play a n64 game in 4 player split screen everything looks low poly compared to when you play it single player by yourself. All this so that the processor can run without getting hot/killing the battery.

But here is the kicker. There could be a processor in the dock as well so that the console is 3 times faster when its docked so that it can push 1080p HD when on the big screen.

I am talking about in docking mode.

over 30w in something that small on battery? Nope lol
    SLAPPA Phenom II AM3 Overclocking Essentials
    I HAVE HIGHEST OC ON TECHJA 4.2ghz
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    ps3 only advantage is bluray
    4890 oc roundup
    http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/0/skugpezz.png
    Mi know dem fear mi!!!!! Gigabyte 790x ud4p
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

Quote Originally Posted by pezz View Post
    I am talking about in docking mode.

over 30w in something that small on battery? Nope lol
    but they are showing screenshots of games that look hi-res. people are going to be pissed off if they are expecting 30w looking games while on the train.

Default What games would you like to see on the switch?

OK. The Switch has a lot of potential.

I especially like the joycons.

I expect most if not all of the Nintendo IP/Franchise/Exclusive to make a smash on the switch. What about other games?

In time to come:

What games would you like to see on the switch? Especially multiplayer games?

I would like to see a new team multiplayer game remake from Zoids Battle Legends on the Switch. The joycons could be interesting in controlling a zoid.
    See original here for Game Cube
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23Ph7Pbh6xI

I would also like to see Unreal Tournament Alpha

What about you guys?
    Let's act on what we agree on now, and argue later on what we don't.
    Black men leave Barbeque alone if Barbeque don't trouble you

Nintendo is going to outsell the ps4 pro. Just with this; https://youtube.com/watch?v=03bAayBtcb0

Launch lineup is lame (apart from zelda);https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FMeqp2ZUF6E

I did find the "played game history" statistic useful in the Wii U so I could know which games were more fun to my son. Glad to hear that there is an app for that along with cool Parental controls. That is cool.

What would be nice in parental controls, would be a (Parental guidance) pg rating control. So if I am playing Mortal Kombat. A pg/pegi setting of 7 would cause MK to show a different set of fatalities at a less gore setting. A pg rating of "M" for mature would make the MK game show another set of fatalities in all its gore glory. Of course the MK game would have to be programmed with both set of fatalities.

I expect, in time, there will be great franchise sequels. Franchise has done well on Wii U.

I am a bit disappointed in the console price. It is slightly more expensive than an Xbox One when it will launch. However, it does come with a 720p screen and battery. From the rumors I heard, it may be about the same graphics level of the Xbox One or PS4
    It is likely that 3rd party games will be more expensive on switch due to the game medium, but the game medium offers significant better performance and user experience.

At least, 3rd party developers seem to be on board. Thus 3rd party games for all 3 systems. Once again.

Still. What games would you like to see?

I have to mention a Franchise that I have not seen a sequel to, for a while. Bomberman.

I would like to see a multiplayer remake of the classic 2d SNES Bomberman Fancise.

BTW For the Wii U, there are some games that are unique in how they utilize both the screen of the wiiUpad and the tv to show different views at the same time, in a single player mode. I dont see how that feature will come back in the switch.

All I want from Nintendo is a proper, 3rd person Metroid game.
    No one expects the Inquisition.

Hmm this analysis is interesting.

SLAPPA Phenom II AM3 Overclocking Essentials
    I HAVE HIGHEST OC ON TECHJA 4.2ghz
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    ps3 only advantage is bluray
    4890 oc roundup
    http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/0/skugpezz.png
    Mi know dem fear mi!!!!! Gigabyte 790x ud4p
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality