Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Nintendo NX -Nintendo Switch

Quote Originally Posted by pezz View Post
    I heard it uses Cartridge for games not flash storage.

Cartridge mean little to no load times.

Flash would be faster than disc also. So game card would still be a win.

I don't think people understand what a "cartridge" is interms of snes/nes/64. What the switch is using a "solid Storage medium" - its not a cartridge. A cartridge is an extension of a system's motherboard and can have extra chips, etc. Its just a data storage card - NOT A CARTRIDGE. They aint gonna add any addon-chips into that small space. Its just going to be dumb storage media.

Exactly, and cartridges are also very expensive so they certainly won't be going down that route.

I'm somewhat interested in this. I need to see what the price is first and what third party support will be like.
    No one expects the Inquisition.

Quote Originally Posted by owen View Post
    I don't think people understand what a "cartridge" is interms of snes/nes/64. What the switch is using a "solid Storage medium" - its not a cartridge. A cartridge is an extension of a system's motherboard and can have extra chips, etc. Its just a data storage card - NOT A CARTRIDGE. They aint gonna add any addon-chips into that small space. Its just going to be dumb storage media.
    Ok I understand what you are saying.

But what is wrong with flash storage?

Quote Originally Posted by Makkah View Post
    Exactly, and cartridges are also very expensive so they certainly won't be going down that route.

I'm somewhat interested in this. I need to see what the price is first and what third party support will be like.
    3rd party?

People buy Nintendo to play Nintendo games.
    SLAPPA Phenom II AM3 Overclocking Essentials
    I HAVE HIGHEST OC ON TECHJA 4.2ghz
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    ps3 only advantage is bluray
    4890 oc roundup
    http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/0/skugpezz.png
    Mi know dem fear mi!!!!! Gigabyte 790x ud4p
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

Nothing is wrong with flash storage. it doesnt matter what kind they use as long as its cheap and doesn't harm the environment.

People always bring up third party because they want to play GTA5 on nintendo or farcry or some random thing that they care about. They feel left out when they don't have it.

It's not about feeling left out, it's about justifying the cost. I'm not buying a console for 1 or 2 games.

If I bought an xbone right now I'd probably only buy Forza and Gta5. SOme people like having the choice but alot of the games they aint gonna buy. If you look at the sales of old ps3s and xbox360s in jamaica you wonder if these dudes be playing COD for 5 years. Most got 4 versions of COD and 3 FIFA games. If ninty can start getting COD and FIFA releases it might be a good look. Its funny that people trying to sell old PS3s like new but this guy really like Asscreed; http://shopinja.com/forum/index.php?topic=727920.0

Quote Originally Posted by Makkah View Post
    It's not about feeling left out, it's about justifying the cost. I'm not buying a console for 1 or 2 games.
    Which game you bought on a console that you played over for over 5 years?

I can bet none. Cause hardly any games have replay value. So enjoy having 10+ games you only play once or twice.

Nintendo's games are played for years. That's value for money.

But I get what you are saying.

I know people who bought Nintendo for 1 game.. Metroid lol. Atleast I buy for 2-3 lol

If I bought an xbone right now I'd probably only buy Forza and Gta5. SOme people like having the choice but alot of the games they aint gonna buy. If you look at the sales of old ps3s and xbox360s in jamaica you wonder if these dudes be playing COD for 5 years. Most got 4 versions of COD and 3 FIFA games. If ninty can start getting COD and FIFA releases it might be a good look. Its funny that people trying to sell old PS3s like new but this guy really like Asscreed; http://shopinja.com/forum/index.php?topic=727920.0
    I play a lot of fifa. but I skip 1-3 years.

Stopped playing COD since world at war.

Stopped buying BF yearly, last one I bought was BF4. Will look into BF1. However still enjoying BF 4.

I am all about replay value these days and enjoyment, over hype and bragging.
    Last edited by pezz; Oct 25, 2016 at 09:36 AM.
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    4890 oc roundup
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

I play Street Fighter. Tekken, Mass Effect and Dragon Age (Origins) games for years on end. I don't play the RPGs constantly, but I replay them very often. The lack of replay value in most games is a valid criticism, though I remember also getting pretty sick of Mario after a while. Mario Kart I could play forever though.

I play RPGs only once. Currently 90 hours into Persona3 and I'm dieing to get out of it because I have persona4 in shrink wrap. I still think the Nintendo Switch is not going to be powerful - how could it? its a tablet going up against PS4/Xbone plugged into a wall sucking 110 watts of power. its physically impossible for it to keep up with those.

I play RPGs only once. Currently 90 hours into Persona3 and I'm dieing to get out of it because I have persona4 in shrink wrap. I still think the Nintendo Switch is not going to be powerful - how could it? its a tablet going up against PS4/Xbone plugged into a wall sucking 110 watts of power. its physically impossible for it to keep up with those.
    The power is what concerns me too.

But we keep hearing Nvidia saying every tegra they release is more powerful than a xbox 360 lol. Lets hope this one is actually true.

It just needs to be more powerful than WiiU which is 34w during gameplay.

This tegra I hope is volta based. and wont be limited by battery. So I think it will be ok.
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    4890 oc roundup