Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Nintendo NX -Nintendo Switch

Default Nintendo NX -Nintendo Switch

https://blogs.nvidia.com/blog/2016/1...ntendo-switch/
    A Console Architecture for the Living Room and Beyond

Nintendo Switch is powered by the performance of the custom Tegra processor. The high-efficiency scalable processor includes an NVIDIA GPU based on the same architecture as the world’s top-performing GeForce gaming graphics cards.

Nintendo SwitchThe Nintendo Switch’s gaming experience is also supported by fully custom software, including a revamped physics engine, new libraries, advanced game tools and libraries. NVIDIA additionally created new gaming APIs to fully harness this performance. The newest API, NVN, was built specifically to bring lightweight, fast gaming to the masses.

Gameplay is further enhanced by hardware-accelerated video playback and custom software for audio effects and rendering.

We’ve optimized the full suite of hardware and software for gaming and mobile use cases. This includes custom operating system integration with the GPU to increase both performance and efficiency.
    SLAPPA Phenom II AM3 Overclocking Essentials
    I HAVE HIGHEST OC ON TECHJA 4.2ghz
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    ps3 only advantage is bluray
    4890 oc roundup
    http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/0/skugpezz.png
    Mi know dem fear mi!!!!! Gigabyte 790x ud4p
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

Sign me up. I am sold
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    4890 oc roundup
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

Now I see why I can't get a new SHIELD tablet. nVIDIA fully committed to this device and Nintendo locked in a custom development.

Definitely looks like a winner.

I dont see a disc drive. It better have a disc drive somewhere!

Game cards? df? This thing better be cheap and not the main nintendo home console. Its a 4ds.

@Owen, may ask why you would need a disc? The SD card in my phone double the size of the largest Blu-ray disk and worse discs are mechanical and slower. Is better if you asked why doesn't it have a large internal SSD drive.

Quote Originally Posted by psilos View Post
    @Owen, may ask why you would need a disc? The SD card in my phone double the size of the largest Blu-ray disk and worse discs are mechanical and slower. Is better if you asked why doesn't it have a large internal SSD drive.
    disks are cheap. there is always a cost vs speed barrier. physics rules us all.

Yeah well flash is dirt cheap as well, plus its faster than Blu Ray and requires less power to run, and storage space aint an issue anymore so... Winnings mi seh!
    Live Well, Love Much, Laugh Often -Anonymous.......

Quote Originally Posted by owen View Post
    Game cards? df? This thing better be cheap and not the main nintendo home console. Its a 4ds.
    I heard it uses Cartridge for games not flash storage.

Cartridge mean little to no load times.

Flash would be faster than disc also. So game card would still be a win.
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    4890 oc roundup

disks are cheap. there is always a cost vs speed barrier. physics rules us all.
    One of the advantages of cartridges is the use of add-on chips that allow for games that had trouble running on even the Sony Playstation.

But I fear they will screw this up like they don't with every thing since Game Boy Color (aka the Satoru Iwata era. Worse thing to happen to Nintendo along with Sony.)

It also look like they're finally using the good technology they invented back in the Gamecube era

How come I can't upload images from my hard drive anymore?
    Phone: Nokia 1200 with Satantendo ROM v.3.3
    Laptop: (Pentium III 850 MHz, 512 MB, 60 GB)
    Console: Sega Dreamcast
    Check out my blog: http://satanforce.wordpress.com/