Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pixel, Phone by Google

Quote Originally Posted by GPRS Internet View Post
    So this cam beat all the dual pixel cams on the market??

HTC made this phone so build quality should be good..
    They said the same thing about the HTC 10 camera before it came out, that it was the best, until it was compared with the cameras of the market leading phones and it was no better than Samsung's and LG's cameras.

Samsung yes, LG no.

Listings from Dxomark

1. Google Pixel (89)
    2. HTC 10, Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge, Sony Xperia X Perf (88)
    3. Moto Z Force Droid, Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Plus, Sony Xperia Z5 (87)
    4. Apple iPhone 7, LG G5, Samsung Galaxy Note V, Samsung S6 Edge (86)
    5. Apple iPhone 6s Plus, Google Nexus 6p, Moto Z Droid, Moto G plus, Moto Droid Turbo 2

I personally would rather have more mega pixel but if they say the quality is good then I'll have to wait and see. from my experience low light pics always look good on the phone screen but on computer at full res all I see is noise.

Let me ask you guys something, what do you guys see as the biggest problem with cellphone cameras?

Quote Originally Posted by Flexx17 View Post
    Let me ask you guys something, what do you guys see as the biggest problem with cellphone cameras?
    Achieving good DOF...
    ---
    Stay Connected,..

FaceBook | Twitter | Instagram

Achieving good DOF...
    I'm assuming you mean shallow dof. Dual Camera Technology is helping to achieve that now and from what i've seen the Huawei devices have been doing a good job of this in their software for a little while now too.

i'll hold off on what i think their biggest problem is until more responses come in because i think thats why you guys dont see the benefit of a small mp count

Little MP only makes sense when you using a small sensor (much like what in all phones).. once a sensor is bigger more MP is always better... only other factor high MP causes is large file sizes.
    ---
    Stay Connected,..

so many problems. battery life is bad (compared to a canon point and shoot). optical zoom is a minor issue for most people. price (point and shoots are cheaper with more mp). sensor size is probably the biggest issue.

Little MP only makes sense when you using a small sensor (much like what in all phones).. once a sensor is bigger more MP is always better... only other factor high MP causes is large file sizes.
    Wrong, more mp always decreases low light performance. larger sensor = better low light performance | larger sensor + low mp count = WAY better low light performance.

to me that is the biggest downfall of cellphone cameras. most photos will be shot in poor lighting conditions and these photos will be filled with noise which translates to bad color and distortion.

So yeah everyone is talking about resolution but in real life do you guys really need it? if you need to get closer just buy a 10$ snap on lens and call it a day

Wrong, more mp always decreases low light performance. larger sensor = better low light performance | larger sensor + low mp count = WAY better low light performance.
    The sweet spot for most DSLRs is Big Sensor + 20/30+mp .. anything over that is where noise starts to creep in... Then again the Canon 5DS R that ish is 50+mp and that cam deals with noise quite well...

Do not expect extremely good low light from a cell phone.. the current sensor sizes will never allow it...
    ---
    Stay Connected,..