Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Digicel Launches HD Voice Calls

Quote Originally Posted by Brandysull View Post
    Well, it's been almost a year since Digicel went live with HD Voice.... Have you all gotten a feel of it? Noticed a difference? Something tells me the competiton is gearing up for it as well so I'd love to know your experiences with Digicel's HD Voice network....
    I have never heard the difference, My device is compatible, and so is my sisters as well. How is it enabled?. And does Flow have to support it, for it to work on the other end.

HD Voice works out of the box without any user setup... all you need is for both devices to be on the same network (i.e. Digicel) and have HD Voice capable phones. I did do a test call once between an iPhone 6s and a Galaxy S7 and honestly, it was as if I was next to the person on the other end... however, for some reason, HD Voice is not widespread on the network and/or their towers are so congested that calls default to good old AMR-NB from yester-year... I just wanted to see if its widespread in the wild. Only Digicel supports AMR-WB/HD Voice but some recent developments internally have lead me to believe that FLOW probably testing HD Voice as well...

Quote Originally Posted by Brandysull View Post
    HD Voice works out of the box without any user setup... all you need is for both devices to be on the same network (i.e. Digicel) and have HD Voice capable phones. I did do a test call once between an iPhone 6s and a Galaxy S7 and honestly, it was as if I was next to the person on the other end... however, for some reason, HD Voice is not widespread on the network and/or their towers are so congested that calls default to good old AMR-NB from yester-year... I just wanted to see if its widespread in the wild. Only Digicel supports AMR-WB/HD Voice but some recent developments internally have lead me to believe that FLOW probably testing HD Voice as well...
    OK thats good to Know, Thank you. I hope Flow goes widespread with HD voice, if and when they deploy such.