View Poll Results: IS THE DIGICEL DOUBLE DAT PLAN VALUE FOR MONEY?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • Its actually more expensive!!

1 20.00%
  • I get more value calling other networks while still keeping free text

0 0%
  • I really dont care

2 40.00%
  • What plan is that?

2 40.00%

Thread: Digicel new Double Dat Plan

Default Digicel new Double Dat Plan

So Digicel launched a new plan which essentially takes away the free 55 minutes of calling for everyone on their gimme 5 plan. Do the math, if u wanna talk for 60 minutes you now have to pay for 30 minutes which as a rough estimate cost more than 10jmd per minute so a 1 hour call would cost 300JMD(half rate per minute) as opposed to 40JMD on the old gimme 5 plan.

Then they made sure to switch everyone to this plan automatically. What a disgusting act. Can you image .... making an international call at 17JMD roughly per minute times 30 which is 570JMD just to talk for 1 hour?!!!! These rates are a backward step. Digicel is milking the cow and they need to stop. I dont think anyone else realises that there is no benefit for this plan as all other plans still now gives you the double data on the first of the month.

Quote Originally Posted by 876 View Post
    So Digicel launched a new plan which essentially takes away the free 55 minutes of calling for everyone on their gimme 5 plan. Do the math, if u wanna talk for 60 minutes you now have to pay for 30 minutes which as a rough estimate cost more than 10jmd per minute so a 1 hour call would cost 300JMD(half rate per minute) as opposed to 40JMD on the old gimme 5 plan.

Then they made sure to switch everyone to this plan automatically. What a disgusting act. Can you image .... making an international call at 17JMD roughly per minute times 30 which is 570JMD just to talk for 1 hour?!!!! These rates are a backward step. Digicel is milking the cow and they need to stop. I dont think anyone else realises that there is no benefit for this plan as all other plans still now gives you the double data on the first of the month.
    Thanks for telling me, i didn't even know that my plan was switched.
    Digicel just teef
    Currently: HP Touchsmart 14t
    SM-G935FD - S7 Edge dual sim: Android 7 Official
    The 3 C's in life: Choice, Chance, Change. You must make the Choice, to take the Chance, if you want anything in life to Change.

Wasn't aware. I'm a FLOW postpaid customer so............don't matter much to me, but it's good to know. I'll spread the news - but you need to remember to provide links.

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/news/...on-today_74129
    Knowing the solution doesn't mean knowing the method. Yet answering correctly and regurgitation are considered "learning" and "knowledge".

It is rather confusing why people continue to support a company which continues to undermine the consumer. Not that the competition offers any award winning service but given the history of the two it is really not that difficult to evaluate each company and choose the lesser of the two evils. Most if not all of the services offered by Digicel with seemingly attractive perks is seldom if any designed to the benefit of the consumer. Not everything that glitters is gold.
    "Every step we can take to secure ourselves from a government that no longer respects our privacy is a patriotic act." .. (whistleblower Edward Snowden)

So can you switch back to gimmi 5?

Quote Originally Posted by GPRS Internet View Post
    So can you switch back to gimmi 5?
    There is alot of confusion around that question but yes apparently u can but it will just be for a little while... they moved their entire base off the gimme 5 plan so this overnight so just imagine the amount of money they will make omg. The free minute for every paid minute trick which they providing can only be used on that same call which makes no sense. They shouldve made the minutes accrued and usable say within a 24 hour period to call any network. So technically what u paying is half the normal rate per minute per call. What i wanna know if its pro rated, as if i talk say 2 minutes and 5 seconds it means i wouldve still paid for 2 minutes or is it that the system would charge me half price for the entire duration, there is so much confusion.

They said it's a promotion and will end (no end date set) when it ends all people will be reverted back to Gimmi 5
    ---
    Stay Connected,..

FaceBook | Twitter | Instagram

Gimmi 5 was a Promo that never ended
    _ _ _ _________ _ _ _ _______ _ _ _
    *Intelligent people can take hints
    Preferred Phone OS: Android

Well its the end of an ERA, Digicel FREE NIGHTS, Best friend for free,first of the month bonus,double data etc has ended May 22,2017. I was shocked when i topped up and saw nothing about activating free nights. When i called they told me the news. Seems digicel is really cutting costs. What in heavens has happened to both carriers that made them cut all these benefits in the space of a few days? This affects all plans by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by 876 View Post
    Well its the end of an ERA, Digicel FREE NIGHTS, Best friend for free,first of the month bonus,double data etc has ended May 22,2017. I was shocked when i topped up and saw nothing about activating free nights. When i called they told me the news. Seems digicel is really cutting costs. What in heavens has happened to both carriers that made them cut all these benefits in the space of a few days? This affects all plans by the way.
    Depreciation of the currencies of the countries they operate in, Huge capex for LTE, FTTH rollouts, Core network upgrades and network repairs, Flatlining subscriber growth, Tanking ARPU, Stagnant economic growth in countries of operation and especially for Digicel... debt maturity....