Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where can I buy a Digicel home/portable modem for their LTE network?

Default Where can I buy a Digicel home/portable modem for their LTE network?

I am looking to purchase a home and/or portable modem that will work on Digicel LTE network

Called 2 places so far and they are out of stock.
    Anyone know of places that sell the modem ?
    I recommend Ubuntu

AFAIK - Digicel not selling them anymore. They're more interested in people signing up for their Digicel Play service. If you can find someone that has an old one they'd sell you'd probably have more luck.
    Knowing the solution doesn't mean knowing the method. Yet answering correctly and regurgitation are considered "learning" and "knowledge".

Thanks for the info khat17. My investigations seem to be inline with what you are saying.
    I am hearing though that they will eventually come out with new modems.

Sad thing is that I am looking for portable LTE capabilities. Digi Play does not offer me that. Two different animals.

I will continue using my WiMax modem until then.
    I recommend Ubuntu

I don't know if they have or had LTE MiFi modems. I have seen some of their WiMax modems which claim to be LTE. Please keep us posted on what happens. Hopefully if someone sees your thread and has an old modem they'd loan/rent/sell it to you.

But wait............you already have a WiMax modem. Is it that you want more out of it? FLOW not available in your area?
    Knowing the solution doesn't mean knowing the method. Yet answering correctly and regurgitation are considered "learning" and "knowledge".

I know of modems that do support LTE however I got mines from lime/flow so I'm not sure if digicel sells them, I figure that you might be able to unlock it for use on digicel though the model is Huawei E8372h good luck

@evastrapkoremadhead - do you recall what the price was for the LIME one? Was specifically speaking about the Digicel ones - I haven't seen Digicel LTE MiFi modems.

Quote Originally Posted by khat17 View Post
    @evastrapkoremadhead - do you recall what the price was for the LIME one? Was specifically speaking about the Digicel ones - I haven't seen Digicel LTE MiFi modems.
    naa i dont sorry bro you can check the prices online by googling the model name but i dont remember how much i got it for as it was a while back
    GPU : sapphire 6870
    CPU : amd athlon ll x3 425 3.3GHZ
    MOBO : ecs a780gm am3
    all your base are belong to us

jomo Guest

How do you people plan to utilize these modems when they are no unlimited LTE plans available?

I just gave up my 10gb postpaid plan as it came with a million minutes I don't need, and LTE chips in and out when in jn KY house, making my phone always in limbo lol

When my 4gb is up I use a small digicel phone to Hotspot with a prepaid plan...

Had one of the digicel modems too, couldn't bother set it up, what i really need is a double sim phone

Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    How do you people plan to utilize these modems when they are no unlimited LTE plans available?

I just gave up my 10gb postpaid plan as it came with a million minutes I don't need, and LTE chips in and out when in jn KY house, making my phone always in limbo lol

When my 4gb is up I use a small digicel phone to Hotspot with a prepaid plan...

Had one of the digicel modems too, couldn't bother set it up, what i really need is a double sim phone
    If you're not concerned with data too much, get the ULEFONE.

jomo Guest

I am concerned with data, as I don't use WiFi, or a tablet, or a laptop, or anything at home, only on my phone, but I run out all the time

The 10gb ran out

The 2gb lasts a week or less, have to buy data all the time, post paiders like me are PUNISHED as we can't buy data, and CANNOT GET a plan with alot of data WITHOUT alot of minutes