Thread: How Scammers in Jamaica Clone Your ATM Banking Card

Default How Scammers in Jamaica Clone Your ATM Banking Card

People be safe, check all ATMs before you use them...

Last edited by GPRS Internet; Sep 14, 2016 at 02:28 PM.
    ---
    Stay Connected,..

FaceBook | Twitter | Instagram

Good information. Please bear in mind that the video is for the NCR machines which are primarily used by NCB. They seem to be targeted more these days. The other two brands that I'm aware of in Jamaica are Diebold and Wincor. The older Wincor machines are going to be phased out because Diebold has now acquired / merged with them.

http://www.dieboldnixdorf.com/en-us/dieboldwincor

Other companies have some ATMs that are either old or rare on the market. Fujitsu makes ATMs as well for example, and IBM used to make ATMs also.

I believe the scammers have templates to fit all of the more popular models in the island. You just need to be careful and observant.
    Knowing the solution doesn't mean knowing the method. Yet answering correctly and regurgitation are considered "learning" and "knowledge".

Good info for not just Jamaica, as a lot of that is going on here in the States too.

Scamma dem deh ya.

My workaround is just to open another account unattached to my card and keep almost all of my money in there. I don't keep more than maybe $7,000 in the main account.

Quote Originally Posted by Chosen1 View Post
    Scamma dem deh ya.

My workaround is just to open another account unattached to my card and keep almost all of my money in there. I don't keep more than maybe $7,000 in the main account.
    Been doing this for years before the increase attention to scamming in Jamaica. The only time money goes to the main account of the card is when i gonna use the card to buy something or when i'm gonna withdraw cash from ATM.

Also make the account where you store the cash not accessible from the card at ATMs.
    Currently: HP Touchsmart 14t
    SM-G935FD - S7 Edge dual sim: Android 7 Official
    The 3 C's in life: Choice, Chance, Change. You must make the Choice, to take the Chance, if you want anything in life to Change.