Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Galaxy Note 7 = Major Fail

Default Galaxy Note 7 = Major Fail

Can Samsung bounce back from this epic blunder??? I mean apple looked passed BendGate and AntennaGate issues like it never even happened. So I guess Sammy can prevail.. but when a warning is issued that you should stop using your phone that is major major worries..

The Consumer Product Safety Commission and Samsung are urging owners of Samsung's Galaxy Note 7 to stop using their phones while they work to formalize how a recall will work.

The warning comes a week after Samsung announced a voluntary recall of 2.5 million phones worldwide because of a battery problem believed to affect 0.1% of all devices. Some customers reported that their Note 7s caught fire.

A government recall would outlaw the selling of the phone. In its statement, the agency asked owners of the Note 7 "to power them down and stop charging or using the device" in the meantime.

http://money.cnn.com/2016/09/09/tech...ion/index.html
    I can't recall seeing such a Major Fail on a phone manufactures part??
    Last edited by GPRS Internet; Sep 9, 2016 at 04:58 PM.
    ---
    Stay Connected,..

FaceBook | Twitter | Instagram

Honestly I'm so happy for this. I just hope they will get back their innovative mojo after failing a second time around. First the Note 5 now this.
    To Know, Dare, Will and Keep Silent.

Quote Originally Posted by GPRS Internet View Post
    Can Samsung bounce back from this epic blunder??? I mean apple looked passed BendGate and AntennaGate issues like it never even happened. So I guess Sammy can prevail.. but when a warning is issued that you should stop using your phone that is major major worries..

I can't recall seeing such a Major Fail on a phone manufactures part??
    What a shame. This is what they deserve though. Got too full of themselves.

I don't see why the rush to get the Note 7 our before Iphone 7/+. They wouldn't even be competing if Samsung didn't dumb down the note line.

No I don't think they can bounce back. Most if not all android users aren't loyal to any company. Apple has almost all loyal fans.
    SLAPPA Phenom II AM3 Overclocking Essentials
    I HAVE HIGHEST OC ON TECHJA 4.2ghz
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    ps3 only advantage is bluray
    4890 oc roundup
    http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/0/skugpezz.png
    Mi know dem fear mi!!!!! Gigabyte 790x ud4p
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

Bwoy, Samsung really mucked up... The Note 7 is essentially being treated like a bomb lol jah know..

Aviation safety officials took the extraordinary step of warning airline passengers not to turn on or charge a new model Samsung smartphone during flights following numerous reports of the devices catching fire. The Federal Aviation Administration issued the warning Sept. 8, citing “recent incidents and concerns raised by Samsung about its Galaxy Note 7 devices.” It is extremely unusual for the FAA to warn passengers about a specific product.
    Last edited by GPRS Internet; Sep 9, 2016 at 05:39 PM.
    ---
    Stay Connected,..

You can't blame them. I would not want to be on a flight with a Note 7, yuh mad! The phone is a bomb yes. They should just scrap the entire line. They will not recover from this, only way to recover from this is to reduce the price for it significantly. Sell them for $500 a pop.
    To Know, Dare, Will and Keep Silent.

jomo Guest

Jah know! Mi want one

Imagine filming a..... Ughhhh.... Video...

Hehe

And that crap just explodes all over my girl, priceless!

Yes there will be a whole lot of Note 7 for "Cheap" soon. As most of you have stated that the product was rushed based on it having the same processor, screen camera etc of the S7 series. They should have sold it for a lower price from the get go. I just feel this was someone in marketing decision.

I do think they can bounce back however. They will have the cash to do it and have a design from whatever was supposed to be the original Note 7 but did not make it to market. They could take inspiration from what other including Apple are doing or even try to listen the features that the note Audience want back.
    AMD Phenom II X4 960T Zosma @ 4GHz | Thermalright Ultima 90 CPU cooler | GIGBABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P | Sapphire 6950 unlocked | 6Gb Gskill RAM | 1.5TB total HD | Dell U2412M IPS Monitor | Zalman 750W PSU | LENOVO SL500

What I find strange thou if something like this had happened to Apple to whole media world and YouTube reviewers would be all over it, things kinda quiet being that it happened to Samsung,..

Caribbean airlines passenger advisory on the use of samsung galaxy note 7 smartphones

following a directive issued by the trinidad & tobago civil aviation authority (ttcaa), effective immediately, caribbean airlines has enforced a ban on the in-flight use and battery charging of samsung galaxy note 7 smartphones, on all flights.

We further advise that these devices are not to be stored in checked luggage. However, they can be carried in passengers’ carry-on baggage or on their person, but they are not to be used or charged on-board the aircraft.

Caribbean airlines’ number one priority is the safety of our customers and crews, and we apologise for any inconvenience caused.

http://www.caribbean-airlines.com/in...-7-smartphones
    ---
    Stay Connected,..

jomo Guest

Jah know this sticky, looks like I'm stuck with my s6 edge plus for a while, S7 edge too small, and nothing else I see worth an upgrade, I was considering buying a note 7 for a wad of cash just so I could drop my microsd cards back in the game.... Sigh

If it happened to iPhone it would be a HUGE deal because an iPhone is a much huge deal than a NOTE....

No one even a pay the note 7 any mind lol...