Thread: Computer Fails to Start

Default Computer Fails to Start

I have an Acer Aspire in our work environment that works in my office but not in the users office even though it was working there 2 days ago. Once I bring it to my office it powers up, bring it back it doesn't power any at all !

Checked the power at user location multimeter shows 113V from UPS, 95V from a Surge but powers from neither not even when plugged directly to the wall. My quest will continue but you have any idea what's causing this please share
    Shhhh!I see dead people!

I suggest you stop going to that place before it burns up. Could be a power protective measure of the laptop power brick.

There's another PC in that location that works well including a fan. It's a PC though and not a laptop and the other machine is clone so its power supply would be different so not sure.
    Shhhh!I see dead people!

Your voltage at the wall should be between 105-115. If you're getting 95 then you have a voltage drop somewhere. The PSU may be going and not able to compensate or work with that low voltage. Check the power cable. The cable itself could have an issue. If all else fails use either a voltage regulator or an online UPS. Ensure you test at the problem location before finalizing anything.
    Knowing the solution doesn't mean knowing the method. Yet answering correctly and regurgitation are considered "learning" and "knowledge".