Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Iphone 7/7 Plus Thread

You have to understand.. Apple not just selling a phone, they selling a whole experience lol .. people love to buy into those things...
    A mean.. who else gives you two stickers when you buy a phone?? .. lol lol
    ---
    Stay Connected,..

FaceBook | Twitter | Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by owen View Post
    I was saying $500 with new factories and processes and so forth plus extra RND for new hardware and programming etc.
    But this article estimates $250 but thats just parts. Assembly, testing and software should double that figure. Although software shouldnt be charged on a per phone.

The iPhone 6s Costs Less Than $250 For Apple To Manufacture
    http://wccftech.com/iphone-6s-costs-...4-manufacture/

You giving Apple too much credit lol. It cost them a little over $200 usd to make each phone. So way less than $500.

So think about Samsung who made no improvements.
    SLAPPA Phenom II AM3 Overclocking Essentials
    I HAVE HIGHEST OC ON TECHJA 4.2ghz
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    ps3 only advantage is bluray
    4890 oc roundup
    http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/0/skugpezz.png
    Mi know dem fear mi!!!!! Gigabyte 790x ud4p
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

I think they do a good job with them (iphones) I just can't afford the price and despise thier practices. If I could get a small iphone 7 with dual cameras and the best processor with 16gigs I would jump on it just for point and shoot stuff for my blog. But apple wont have it because apple hates poor people.
    Last edited by owen; Sep 13, 2016 at 10:58 AM.

I think they do a good job with them (iphones) I just can't afford the price and despise thier practices. If I could get a small iphone 7 with dual cameras and the best processor with 16gigs I would jump on it just for point and shoot stuff for my blog. But apple wont have it because apple hates poor people.
    What is your budget for phones?

If I could stand IOS I would rock an iPhone. But then their business practices like you said
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    4890 oc roundup
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

Quote Originally Posted by pezz View Post
    What is your budget for phones?

If I could stand IOS I would rock an iPhone. But then their business practices like you said
    I think $500 to $600 USD is a good range to spend on a phone or a video game console. $300 for a dedicated point & shoot camera. I would not buy a phone for the camera knowing that I would lose both if I drop it and the battery life on a phone is way less than a dedicated point and shoot.

I think $500 to $600 USD is a good range to spend on a phone or a video game console. $300 for a dedicated point & shoot camera. I would not buy a phone for the camera knowing that I would lose both if I drop it and the battery life on a phone is way less than a dedicated point and shoot.
    Yea $500 -$650 is my price range now.

When I just started buying Samsung Note they were $600 + tax while the Samsung Galaxy S series were $550 + tax.

Those days features buck and you get the best of the best.

Now we getting less and less each time and Samsung has managed to price their phones higher than iPhone which were hated for being overprice.

Nope ship jump.

I would think the battery life on the camera is way less? Note sure.

I have a point and shoot and a compact dslr that I used about 8 times in 3 years.
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    4890 oc roundup

Although I am late to the discussion, I first must say this. This is the first time there is a $120USD difference between base and plus versions.

Samsung definitely blew it with the whole Note thing before the battery issue. There wasn't much compelling besides the pen over the S7 Edge. There were many who never used pen in prior Notes, so I could see the motive of the Edge. Iris scan won't move average consumer. Note used to be the top line with new features. Grant it, this is the case with adding USB-C, but not an average person worry.

I wouldn't mind if phone makers went back to the old way of releasing devices when they're good and ready and not on a yearly cycle. It's apparent finish isn't always there before these are released. Unfortunately they've already tasted the yearly sales movement, so that's not happening. All we truly need in a device now, outside of software tweaks, is better battery life.

Quote Originally Posted by GPRS Internet View Post
    You have to understand.. Apple not just selling a phone, they selling a whole experience lol .. people love to buy into those things...
    A mean.. who else gives you two stickers when you buy a phone?? .. lol lol
    It's definitely an effort to keep people locked into the ecosystem and create a spirit of being part of the in circle. Glad I don't subscribe to it. I mix the platforms.

Quote Originally Posted by mista736 View Post
    It's definitely an effort to keep people locked into the ecosystem and create a spirit of being part of the in circle. Glad I don't subscribe to it. I mix the platforms.
    You and I Bruh... I only use iMac, Mac Mini, MacBook Pro for my computers (The Apple side of my world) ....I use a Kindle Fire HDX for my Reader/Tablet and a Note 4 soon to be LG V20 for my smartphone... Just hit me that I have absolutely nothing from Microsoft.
    To Know, Dare, Will and Keep Silent.

Quote Originally Posted by Cultus View Post
    You and I Bruh... I only use iMac, Mac Mini, MacBook Pro for my computers (The Apple side of my world) ....I use a Kindle Fire HDX for my Reader/Tablet and a Note 4 soon to be LG V20 for my smartphone... Just hit me that I have absolutely nothing from Microsoft.
    I still have a PC around cause some things still just work better on PC. Not even using Parallels will work on certain things. It's close though.

I was rooting for Windows Phone, but it just never make it. It would have been great to have a 3rd contender (4th even) cause some days I dislike both Android and iOS. No fanboy roun here. lol