Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: WhatsApp to start sharing user data with Facebook

jomo Guest

Ads where? On Facebook, Oh WOW so I'll get better ads instead of an add for KITCHEN WARE I'll get an add about CANNABIS OIL wow what a tragedy! Lol

I don't even notice ads anyway, or spam, just ignore it or unsubscribe, hardly use Facebook and the like much less to make it bother me

All I'm saying is thus whatsapp Facebook thing is really nothing to worry about....

You still don't get it. Its not about you. its about all the idiots that you know that have your number.

jomo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by owen View Post
    You still don't get it. Its not about you. its about all the idiots that you know that have your number.
    Still not making sense to me

Are you saying that whatsapp is forcing you to add a # to your Facebook account, or integrate the tow together? That makes no sense

The idiots that have your #? I'm in full control of who has my #, and if I don't I simply ignore or block

Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    Still not making sense to me

Are you saying that whatsapp is forcing you to add a # to your Facebook account, or integrate the tow together? That makes no sense

The idiots that have your #? I'm in full control of who has my #, and if I don't I simply ignore or block
    Whatsapp gives Facebook your number you have no control over that. Then people will you by your number.
    SLAPPA Phenom II AM3 Overclocking Essentials
    I HAVE HIGHEST OC ON TECHJA 4.2ghz
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    ps3 only advantage is bluray
    4890 oc roundup
    http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/0/skugpezz.png
    Mi know dem fear mi!!!!! Gigabyte 790x ud4p
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

I tuned the option off to share... once off you can't turn it on back again. Lol

If they not reading your chats how they know what to show you to improve ads and experience? Are they looking at your DP to determine that????

Quote Originally Posted by GPRS Internet View Post
    I tuned the option off to share... once off you can't turn it on back again. Lol

If they not reading your chats how they know what to show you to improve ads and experience? Are they looking at your DP to determine that????
    They are reading the chats of the people you are talking to. lol

jomo Guest

so they'll be giving companies my # to spam me? How? If not in whatsapp, surely not sms

So it's as I said, just on stupid Facebook, so you'll be getting more ads and suggestions or whatever better suited to you, smh, SO WHAT

Quote Originally Posted by owen View Post
    They are reading the chats of the people you are talking to. lol
    Yet they say they use end to end encryption and only the sender and recipient can see it.

Correct me if I'm wrong... I was reading the policy before I agree to the update of whatsapp and I remember seeing where the messages are stored on the server before sending to recipient and afterwards it's deleted from server. Could it be that the messages are then read during that time, advertising key words are then pointed out and after the message is delivered then it's deleted calling it end to end encryption with a server/not in the middle

Quote Originally Posted by GPRS Internet View Post

Later this year you won't have a choice to share. Your number will be shared as long as you use whatsapp.
    SLAPPA Phenom II AM3 Overclocking Essentials
    I HAVE HIGHEST OC ON TECHJA 4.2ghz
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    ps3 only advantage is bluray
    4890 oc roundup
    http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/0/skugpezz.png
    Mi know dem fear mi!!!!! Gigabyte 790x ud4p
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality