Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: WhatsApp to start sharing user data with Facebook

Default WhatsApp to start sharing user data with Facebook

WhatsApp has announced that it will be updating its terms and privacy policy today, the first time in four years and since it was acquired by Facebook. As part of the new terms, the company will be sharing more user data with Facebook.

According to WhatsApp, it will be tracking user metrics to check on things like how often people use their services to "better fight spam on WhatsApp". Your number will also be linked to Facebook, so when you use Facebook you will see friend suggestions of people you know and more targeted ads.

WhatsApp reiterated that WhatsApp itself will not show ads, that your conversations are end to end encrypted meaning only you and the person you are talking to is privy to it and not even WhatsApp and Facebook, and that your number will not be handed over to advertisers.

For now, these changes are opt-in, meaning you will be asked to share your account info, and you can choose not to. The option will appear as a popup to users once it starts rolling out.
    http://www.gsmarena.com/whatsapp_to_...blog-20141.php
    SLAPPA Phenom II AM3 Overclocking Essentials
    I HAVE HIGHEST OC ON TECHJA 4.2ghz
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    ps3 only advantage is bluray
    4890 oc roundup
    http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/0/skugpezz.png
    Mi know dem fear mi!!!!! Gigabyte 790x ud4p
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

Not sure how I feel about this. Might have to try bbm again
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    4890 oc roundup
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

facebook already has my number from instagram but keeps asking me to add it to my facebook (it even fills it in for me, all i have to do is click the button) but fts. I am just sitting here waiting for dec 2016 for them to end blackberry support so I can stop using whatsapp for good. yall can keep that stuff.

Gonna start getting myself off whatsapp. My friends wont be pleased. But suh it go....
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    4890 oc roundup

They give the option to not share your info with facebook
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    You assume all risk for your use. © 2006 Cloud Solutions. All rights reserved.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud View Post
    They give the option to not share your info with facebook
    December it will be mandatory to share your number. You wont have a choice after November this year.
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    4890 oc roundup

With all this uproar about sharing of numbers and such, why are you all so quiet about Digicel and LIME sharing your phone numbers with 3rd parties.

Right now I am getting un-blockable texts from LuckyDollar, LoopJamaica, a buscuit company, Back2School, Hi-Pro and a security guard company.
    1.8 Ghz Pentium 4 (OC'd.) / Intel P4 (478) Motherboard / 800MHz DDR / 256 Mb DDR RAM / 40GB Seagate / RIVA TNT2 Pro 32MB / 24X12X24 Sony CDRW+ / 18" View Sonic CRT / Windows ME Yes it will play Doom... i plan on trying Crysis 3 one of these days.

Quote Originally Posted by pezz View Post
    December it will be mandatory to share your number. You wont have a choice after November this year.
    Oh, dunno if it really bothers me though, only reason I even still have a facebook account is cuz my wife link her candy crush to it (my boss prolly thinks he's playing against me)

Quote Originally Posted by gW33Zy View Post
    With all this uproar about sharing of numbers and such, why are you all so quiet about Digicel and LIME sharing your phone numbers with 3rd parties.

Right now I am getting un-blockable texts from LuckyDollar, LoopJamaica, a buscuit company, Back2School, Hi-Pro and a security guard company.
    Love it up, u think u pay fi deh pon dem network fi free?
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    You assume all risk for your use. © 2006 Cloud Solutions. All rights reserved.

jomo Guest

Wha unu fraid of anyway? Smh, kids

I don't see who they gonna link my # to my Facebook account as I don't use my # on Facebook in fact I've deleted all my so called friends on Facebook and only keep the account for my pics

If whatsapp has your fb info and vice versa SO WHAT I do not not see the big deal...

What's the worse that can happen? Lol I'm pretty sure none of you have as much as u do to hide, and I'm not worried about a damn thing

I've had my digicel # since 2001 when they first came out and guess what WHATSAPP HAS TO HAVE MY # FOR ME TO USE IT LOL

And for those who don't know you can use a different #, basically any # that you can get a text on, in whatsapp

So you can use a foreign #, someone's #, who doesn't use whatsapp with that in #if course, once you can get a confirmation text

You can even BUY A SIM and use that # jn whatsapp and BREAK THE SIM like you're Jason Bourne

Lmao

" u think u pay fi deh pon dem network fi free?", lol classic consumer. Everybody is slowly brainwashed into thinking that Ads on paid services is the way it has to be. But as for jomo's question this will only increase the amount of ads that you get because they will have a better understanding of who you are connected to, whos connected to you, what kind of car you drive and what you talk about.