Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 28

Thread: So I bought a LG 5....

  1. #11
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    7,519
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Damn, that wide angle is kicking ***

    One thing I loved about my g3 was the option to show contacts names when the phone ringing or not

    I'd love an app like that for my Samsung smh

    But the whole ui was total crap, and I assume it still is

    Wish I could pick features off different phones and combine them lol

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    16,974
    Rep Power
    28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    Damn, that wide angle is kicking ***

    One thing I loved about my g3 was the option to show contacts names when the phone ringing or not

    I'd love an app like that for my Samsung smh

    But the whole ui was total crap, and I assume it still is

    Wish I could pick features off different phones and combine them lol
    What you mean by that in bold? every phone I ever had showed contact names when it rang.

    Alos the UI is great, not sure how it was on the G3. I have themes and everything.
    SLAPPA Phenom II AM3 Overclocking Essentials
    I HAVE HIGHEST OC ON TECHJA 4.2ghz
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    ps3 only advantage is bluray
    4890 oc roundup
    http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/0/skugpezz.png
    Mi know dem fear mi!!!!! Gigabyte 790x ud4p
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

  3. #13
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    7,519
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    It had the option to show the contact name or not

    Very handy when nosey people are around

    Wondering why girls with rather nasty names are calling or texting lol

    Looked for an app like that till mi week, even an app that would hide the freaking NUMBER would be awesome, smh

    Privacy is so hard to come by nowadays

    Also want an app to hide contacts so I can have them in my phone but not saved in whatsapp, I'll look again as I'm sure there is one that works good

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    16,974
    Rep Power
    28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    It had the option to show the contact name or not

    Very handy when nosey people are around

    Wondering why girls with rather nasty names are calling or texting lol

    Looked for an app like that till mi week, even an app that would hide the freaking NUMBER would be awesome, smh

    Privacy is so hard to come by nowadays

    Also want an app to hide contacts so I can have them in my phone but not saved in whatsapp, I'll look again as I'm sure there is one that works good

    Oh you and your hiding thing lol
    SLAPPA Phenom II AM3 Overclocking Essentials
    I HAVE HIGHEST OC ON TECHJA 4.2ghz
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    ps3 only advantage is bluray
    4890 oc roundup
    http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/0/skugpezz.png
    Mi know dem fear mi!!!!! Gigabyte 790x ud4p
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

  5. #15
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    7,519
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Lol yeah that's always my thing, not like u have to do it but sometimes I have some names stored that get people's blood flowing lol, not to mention whem I'm around my step daughter I had to quickly lock my phone when giving her to talk to her mom lmao

    You got a case on the g5? If be willing to try one if I like the reviews and can get a decent enough case and ting, the note 7 not really appealing to me and expensive, id be willing to try a g5 as a second phone, I wonder if mortal kombat would play well on it


    Any other features that are any good? Lol

    Does it have a heart scanner?

    What about the selfie camera does it have a 'flash'?


    Does the picture editor have a negative filter??!


    My note 3 has it yet my so edge plus doesn't and thats damn annoying cause I used to use it alot for memes


    Can't stand when Samsung TAKE AWAY features like that, two finger swipe down, infinite scrolling, touch to take pics etc

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    16,974
    Rep Power
    28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    Lol yeah that's always my thing, not like u have to do it but sometimes I have some names stored that get people's blood flowing lol, not to mention whem I'm around my step daughter I had to quickly lock my phone when giving her to talk to her mom lmao

    You got a case on the g5? If be willing to try one if I like the reviews and can get a decent enough case and ting, the note 7 not really appealing to me and expensive, id be willing to try a g5 as a second phone, I wonder if mortal kombat would play well on it


    Any other features that are any good? Lol

    Does it have a heart scanner?

    What about the selfie camera does it have a 'flash'?


    Does the picture editor have a negative filter??!


    My note 3 has it yet my so edge plus doesn't and thats damn annoying cause I used to use it alot for memes


    Can't stand when Samsung TAKE AWAY features like that, two finger swipe down, infinite scrolling, touch to take pics etc
    Features I like so far:

    Wide angle camera
    Use hand to snap selfie
    Removable battery
    Better sound quality than my Note 4
    Always on screen. Uses little power, I always have it enables.

    I haven't explored all the features.

    LG has a great photo editor but it is nowhere to be found on the G5. Default editor is Google photos. try it and see if it has the editing features you need. I use snapseed as my default photo editor.
    SLAPPA Phenom II AM3 Overclocking Essentials
    I HAVE HIGHEST OC ON TECHJA 4.2ghz
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    ps3 only advantage is bluray
    4890 oc roundup
    http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/0/skugpezz.png
    Mi know dem fear mi!!!!! Gigabyte 790x ud4p
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

  7. #17
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    7,519
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Snapseed is nice but no negative, FOUND IT though in a sweet editor called PIXLR

    And much more filters and overlays to play with

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    16,974
    Rep Power
    28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    Snapseed is nice but no negative, FOUND IT though in a sweet editor called PIXLR

    And much more filters and overlays to play with
    With the G5 whatever photoeditor you have installed it makes it default. So you will see it in the camera and gallery for editing photos and wont have to go to the app.
    SLAPPA Phenom II AM3 Overclocking Essentials
    I HAVE HIGHEST OC ON TECHJA 4.2ghz
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    ps3 only advantage is bluray
    4890 oc roundup
    http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/0/skugpezz.png
    Mi know dem fear mi!!!!! Gigabyte 790x ud4p
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    16,974
    Rep Power
    28

    Default

    The camera on this phone is crazy.
    SLAPPA Phenom II AM3 Overclocking Essentials
    I HAVE HIGHEST OC ON TECHJA 4.2ghz
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    ps3 only advantage is bluray
    4890 oc roundup
    http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/0/skugpezz.png
    Mi know dem fear mi!!!!! Gigabyte 790x ud4p
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    5,191
    Rep Power
    21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pezz View Post
    The camera on this phone is crazy.
    I can just imagine. I am going to be getting the LG V20. I was considering the Note 7 just for the S Pen, but then I said naw. I have to break free from Samsung, worst with the battery issues. So I'll be joining the LG wagon soon, plus I get all the nice features that I need with the V20 to include removable battery and an IR Blaster. Thank God for LG plus I love build quality of the V20 Military Spec. This is the video that convinced me to get the V20 As a broadcast media Techie the audio and video recording capabilities of the V20 is astounding. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsYWKn3pLHI
    Last edited by Cultus; Sep 7, 2016 at 10:56 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •