Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Where in Jamaica can I buy a gaming computer?

You can't blame a local company for not stocking such a PC. How many potential buyers are there? The stock may sit on them and not move. The reality is that it is a small market, and not many customers need high end parts.

Quote Originally Posted by 5dB View Post
    You can't blame a local company for not stocking such a PC. How many potential buyers are there? The stock may sit on them and not move. The reality is that it is a small market, and not many customers need high end parts.
    That's true, And most Jamaicans "WILL NOT" spend a certain amount of money on a PC, But they will spend it on a MacBook pro or a iMac.
    Car Audio and PC Enthusiast. System Specs:CPU:Intel-Core i7 4790k 4Ghz quad-core processor, COOLER: Corsair H80i V2, MOBO:MSI Z97A Gaming 7, RAM:Kingston Savage 16gb (2x8) 1866mhz, SSD:Samsung 850 evo-series 250gb, HDD:WD black 7200rpm 1tb, GPU:MSI geforce GTX 980ti gaming 6G, CASE:Corsair carbide 230t black, PSU:EVGA 850W G2 80+GOLD.

Dude save yourself the heartache in even attempting to buy a gaming rig out here. Do what I did buy your parts and upgrade little little or if you have the money go all out, remember there are no duties on computer parts. All you would need to be concerned about would be frieght.
    Live Well, Love Much, Laugh Often -Anonymous.......

people still buy gaming pc?

Isnt this techja?

Build your own bro. I see gaming pc with Nvidia GTS 450 that cant even play 1080p youtube. You will get someone's cheap idea of a gaming pc for alot of money.
    SLAPPA Phenom II AM3 Overclocking Essentials
    I HAVE HIGHEST OC ON TECHJA 4.2ghz
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    ps3 only advantage is bluray
    4890 oc roundup
    http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/0/skugpezz.png
    Mi know dem fear mi!!!!! Gigabyte 790x ud4p
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

Quote Originally Posted by topanaris View Post
    Dude save yourself the heartache in even attempting to buy a gaming rig out here. Do what I did buy your parts and upgrade little little or if you have the money go all out, remember there are no duties on computer parts. All you would need to be concerned about would be frieght.
    Weh yuh get dat bout no duties on computer parts lol? Dat privileged get tek weh long time when government realize how much ppl shipping tings into the island. At the end of the day though yuh still get much better deals after paying the extra to get item in hand, because yuh get something brand new and with low shelf life.
    Current Android - OnePlus 7T Pro
    PC Specs - Motherboard: Asus PRIME B560-PLUS | Processor: Intel Core i5-11600K (stock) | Memory: 32 gigs Corsair Vengeance DDR4@3200mhz | Video Card: ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4070 (OC Edition) | Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming 27" 2K Monitor | Steam ID -> Powpow

Quote Originally Posted by Powpow View Post
    Weh yuh get dat bout no duties on computer parts lol? Dat privileged get tek weh long time when government realize how much ppl shipping tings into the island. At the end of the day though yuh still get much better deals after paying the extra to get item in hand, because yuh get something brand new and with low shelf life.
    Well I know that once it is over $50 USD Customs will charge you. However I can understand topanaris' notion of no Customs duties as on computer parts only GCT is charged (16.5 % of cost if I recall correctly) when it is over $50 USD. That is as opposed to smartphones where when the price of it is over $50 USD Customs will charge ~50%.
    SOURCE: I'm very inquisitive about the workings of shipping and I make sure to ask a lot when I pick something up from my shipping service, SHIPWIZE

Quote Originally Posted by Powpow View Post
    For the umpteenth time THERE ARE NO DUTIES ON COMPUTER PARTS - NONE ZILCH ZERO, this is not what you feel or whatr you think this is a fact as stated before I have brought in my entire system piece by piece through customs each piece higher than the diminimis provision of $50 USD. Buy your computer parts all you want and dont follow Pow there are NO DUTIES ON COMPUTER PARTS. Again this is a fact.

Quote Originally Posted by cushman View Post
    Ok, What did they do as to why you say that they have poor customer service? ShipMe does seem more official though, To me anyway.

For real! Buying it pre-built or ordering parts through a store, They're going to charge you an arm and a leg! At least when you source,purchase and build the PC yourself you feel a sense of pride and accomplishment, Plus it's a lot cheaper.
    MailPack has been around much longer however I have noticed that the customer service in regards to the attitude and dress code of some of the employees is severely lacking in professionalism. Maybe it's just me but I hardly feel comfortable waking into an office where some of the women handling my business are dressed like sketels. Nonetheless I must say that Marvin, Omarti and Mrs Johnston who has been there since the beginning are some of the better persons to deal with.
    "Every step we can take to secure ourselves from a government that no longer respects our privacy is a patriotic act." .. (whistleblower Edward Snowden)

Quote Originally Posted by topanaris View Post
    For the umpteenth time THERE ARE NO DUTIES ON COMPUTER PARTS - NONE ZILCH ZERO, this is not what you feel or whatr you think this is a fact as stated before I have brought in my entire system piece by piece through customs each piece higher than the diminimis provision of $50 USD. Buy your computer parts all you want and dont follow Pow there are NO DUTIES ON COMPUTER PARTS. Again this is a fact.
    What most people fail to understand is the charges Customs apply to goods which are imported. The charges are as follows. Customs Duties, Customs GCT, and Customs inspection Fees. Customs Duties which are applicable to specific goods, Customs GCT which is payable regardless of the item, and Customs Inspections which is charged on items which cost over $50 and is charged in USD.
    "Every step we can take to secure ourselves from a government that no longer respects our privacy is a patriotic act." .. (whistleblower Edward Snowden)

Quote Originally Posted by lojikal View Post
    What most people fail to understand is the charges Customs apply to goods which are imported. The charges are as follows. Customs Duties, Customs GCT, and Customs inspection Fees. Customs Duties which are applicable to specific goods, Customs GCT which is payable regardless of the item, and Customs Inspections which is charged on items which cost over $50 and is charged in USD.
    Yeah yeah yeah, you have the CAF for $2500, and GCT I was specific with saying no customs duties, now what I would recommend to anyone importing is this:

1. Use Shipme (trust me on this)
    2. Ensure your goods get to Shipme in Miami between Monday to Wednesday best case is Monday Tuesday, basically what you want is your goods to come in on the Thursday flight.
    3. Collect your goods on Saturday.

Just follow uncle Topanaris and follow those exact steps and see what happens.....